Register Now
Zesty

Among Us on the PC

On 3/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, skyfire said:

Depends on what you want out of the device. People who want to do powerful tasks like design, development make use of PC. Nobody in this world only checks browser and email. If that were to be the case nobody would own PC. Instead mobile would do. As for mobile gaming the device is good for various gaming activities while moving from places.

well surely nobody buys a pc just for "checking" mails and browsing some net, but there are some people that enjoy doing that on PC more than mobile for many reasons such as the bigger screen, facility to write etc..., i believe a laptop is enough for that if you have no space and still limited when it comes to the tasks that you're willing to do

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Xiaomi is more than infinix or tecno when it comes to specs, you can check it's features you'll be shocked. 

Am shocked already. What about their battery? Does it last as long as tecno phones? Their accessories too is something to worry about.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Am shocked already. What about their battery? Does it last as long as tecno phones? Their accessories too is something to worry about.

Xiaomi's battery capacity is high off, I've seen some being around 8k AMH, you can now checkout for yourself. 

14 hours ago, Patrik said:

well surely nobody buys a pc just for "checking" mails and browsing some net, but there are some people that enjoy doing that on PC more than mobile for many reasons such as the bigger screen, facility to write etc..., i believe a laptop is enough for that if you have no space and still limited when it comes to the tasks that you're willing to do

There are folks who just browse and they buy PC as in those chromebooks, netPC type models. wallmart had a lot of such ePC models if you remember. PC with some power and laptop with some build power is different story.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

There are folks who just browse and they buy PC as in those chromebooks, netPC type models. wallmart had a lot of such ePC models if you remember. PC with some power and laptop with some build power is different story.

That's a very valid point - that being said, it's not even that resource intensive. Even non-gaming laptops can run it quite comfortably so there shouldn't be any concerns.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Xiaomi's battery capacity is high off, I've seen some being around 8k AMH, you can now checkout for yourself. 

I actually visits the phone market today. Although I forgot to check the specs of Xiaomi and ask questions about it. But what I noticed so far is that products like Vivo, oppo, ferro and some others don't really have good market value in our country. Apart from scarcity of accessories, when you're tired of these phones it's difficult for you to sell them because they don't have market value. I will still ask and confirmed Xiaomi products.

20 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

I actually visits the phone market today. Although I forgot to check the specs of Xiaomi and ask questions about it. But what I noticed so far is that products like Vivo, oppo, ferro and some others don't really have good market value in our country. Apart from scarcity of accessories, when you're tired of these phones it's difficult for you to sell them because they don't have market value. I will still ask and confirmed Xiaomi products.

Oppo is a quality phone, just that some of us here don't know about the value in the country. Xiaomi is a quality brand, anyone that knows it wouldn't doubt it. 

18 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Most Xiaomi phones are around the $200 - $400 price point barring their main flagship series like the Mi 12. They're less popular in Western countries as the supplies plus the amount of promotion is way less.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:15 AM, killamch89 said:

That's a very valid point - that being said, it's not even that resource intensive. Even non-gaming laptops can run it quite comfortably so there shouldn't be any concerns.

In that case I suppose this is a good point that is in favor of the game.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, Justin11 said:

Oppo is a quality phone, just that some of us here don't know about the value in the country. Xiaomi is a quality brand, anyone that knows it wouldn't doubt it. 

Well I can't say much about Xiaomi as I didn't ask about it. But for oppo, Vivo and others, here in my country these phones don't have market value and once anything goes wrong with the phone it will be difficult to get its accessories. But surely I'll ask and check on Xiaomi soon.

I haven't been able to try it on my laptop as yet. So far, I've played Among Us on my phone and on console. Console was by far the worst experience since it's extremely difficult to type quickly so I would imagine it's quite fun to play on PC where it's easy to use your mouse and keyboard

3 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well I can't say much about Xiaomi as I didn't ask about it. But for oppo, Vivo and others, here in my country these phones don't have market value and once anything goes wrong with the phone it will be difficult to get its accessories. But surely I'll ask and check on Xiaomi soon.

Even the parts of Xiaomi aren't available in my country too, that's why buying it wouldn't make sense. Because, if it develops fault, there won't be a place to repair it. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Even the parts of Xiaomi aren't available in my country too, that's why buying it wouldn't make sense. Because, if it develops fault, there won't be a place to repair it. 

That's says it all. I mean these are the reasons their market value are low. You buy a phone and in few months something happened to the phone and you need to replace it, then you visit the phone market to get a replacement but unfortunately you can't find it in the market. That means there's a possibility of abandoning such phones. Reasons why I can't go for such phones because it's risky.

22 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

That's says it all. I mean these are the reasons their market value are low. You buy a phone and in few months something happened to the phone and you need to replace it, then you visit the phone market to get a replacement but unfortunately you can't find it in the market. That means there's a possibility of abandoning such phones. Reasons why I can't go for such phones because it's risky.

Yeah bro, I wouldn't go into using those phones at the moment, until their parts become available in the country, which wouldn't be a problem for me to fix.