Register Now
Prof elohstar

FIFA 99

7 minutes ago, Boblee said:

He said he never played FIFA 99, can't you see that before asking him the same question again? 

Oh, I didn't read well, I was thinking he played but don't own any gaming platform back then, that's ridiculous of me. 

13 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Which platform you played FIFA 99 on? I think it is compatible on PS1, but PS2 have been in existence during that time too. I'll be doing research which of the platforms are compatible with the FIFA 99. 

Quite literally the first five words of the post quoted...

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I never played FIFA 99....

And no, don't say you're sorry. I've had enough of people saying they're sorry for this. What I want is people to show their fellow members the bare minimum of respect by reading their posts before replying.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

Quite literally the first five words of the post quoted...

And no, don't say you're sorry. I've had enough of people saying they're sorry for this. What I want is people to show their fellow members the bare minimum of respect by reading their posts before replying.

It was very obvious he didn't care enough to read that well. How can you miss the first part of one's reply? It's not like he had in between for it to be missed easily. 

16 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It was very obvious he didn't care enough to read that well. How can you miss the first part of one's reply? It's not like he had in between for it to be missed easily. 

You don't get to bad mouth other members to me on the open forum, that is not fair and it is not your place to do so. Even if it were, there's no point on you putting what I've already said into your own words then posting it, it's just repeating the same point for no reason. @Head_Hunter has been told, so now we move on. Besides you called him out it yourself already, so doing it again is, if anything, even more pointless and redundant than the very post he made. What you should have done is report the post then be done with it. His mistake is not invite to have a discussion about it. The thread has been derailed quite enough. Drop it.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

You don't get to bad mouth members to me on the open forum, that is not fair and it is not you place to do so. Even if it were, there's no point on you what I've already said into your own words then posting it. @Head_Hunter has been told, so now we move on. Besides you called him out it yourself already, so doing it again is, if anything, even more pointless and redundant as the very post he made. What you should have done is report the post then be done with it. His mistake is not invite to have a discussion about it. The thread has been derailed quite enough. Drop it.

Alright, I'll stick to that. I don't mean to over step. I will get back to topic from now. 

I know the mistake have been made, and @Shagger have corrected it all, I'll always pay attention to post before replying to avoid any future altercation or misconception. 

I'm a FIFA lover, I cared to read everyone's post, but unfortunately I didn't know what came over my head, and I forget the first five words of @Clasher. No doubt, FIFA 99 runs on platform like' Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 1, DOS. I don't think it was compatible then with PS2, it's been a long time for the FIFA game. 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:21 PM, DoABarrelRoll said:

This game for the time have a good soundtrack. Winning Elleven is better, but is a good game nonetheless.

I miss this day of N64 and Ps1 era.

Yeah, on the soundtracks of the games like FIFA 99 back then, they are always unique in a way that it's something you can't easily pick up in another games. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Which platform you played FIFA 99 on? I think it is compatible on PS1, but PS2 have been in existence during that time too. I'll be doing research which of the platforms are compatible with the FIFA 99. 

Like I said earlier I didn't own any gaming Console when FIFA 99 came out, I only started playing FIFA when FIFA 06 was released and that's because it was compatible for my play station 2 which I owned as at then. Please don't quote me wrong.

@Shagger Would it be possible that you rename this thread in something like the global fifa or fifa discussion thread or something simulair, i'm just suggesting as it would be ideal for people to talk about their memories about fifa or just as the fifa series as a whole? I'm sure the original poster won't mind. Maybe  fifa won't be brought as much in other threads anymore, where it doesen't belong.

It's clear not too many people have played fifa 99, the only thing i can remember about it is that Dennis bergkamp was on the cover and that's about it. The game was released like what late 1998 that's a long ass time ago some people that post here weren't even born yet (and i probably had zero idea how babies were even made)

Edited by Yaramaki

5 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

@Shagger Would it be possible that you rename this thread in something like the global fifa or fifa discussion thread or something simulair, i'm just suggesting as it would be ideal for people to talk about their memories about fifa or just as the fifa series as a whole? I'm sure the original poster won't mind. Maybe  fifa won't be brought as much in other threads anymore, where it doesen't belong.

It's clear not too many people have played fifa 99, the only thing i can remember about it is that Dennis bergkamp was on the cover and that's about it. The game was released like what late 1998 that's a long ass time ago some people that post here weren't even born yet (and i probably had zero idea how babies were even made)

If the OP @Prof elohstar is happy with that, I will.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

Like I said earlier I didn't own any gaming Console when FIFA 99 came out, I only started playing FIFA when FIFA 06 was released and that's because it was compatible for my play station 2 which I owned as at then. Please don't quote me wrong.

Correct, I've already noted it. I enjoyed FIFA 06, I started fully with FIFA 08, others were played 1-2 times.  From FIFA 08 till now, I've been an active FIFA player. Even if the agreement with the trademark name comes to an end, I wouldn't stop, I'll move over to the new trade mark name. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Correct, I've already noted it. I enjoyed FIFA 06, I started fully with FIFA 08, others were played 1-2 times.  From FIFA 08 till now, I've been an active FIFA player. Even if the agreement with the trademark name comes to an end, I wouldn't stop, I'll move over to the new trade mark name. 

I'm also a hardcore fan of FIFA, well it still comes as shocker  that the trademark name is been taken away, but that wouldn't deter me from playing soccer games as they are among my favourite video games.

51 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I'm also a hardcore fan of FIFA, well it still comes as shocker  that the trademark name is been taken away, but that wouldn't deter me from playing soccer games as they are among my favourite video games.

It wouldn't deter it at all, because EA will shift to a new trademark name, being 'EA Sports. Let's see how that one goes when the contract with FIFA ends in 2023..