Register Now
NightmareFarm

Would you rather have a locked 30fps or inconsistent 60fps?

14 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

You need to chill out. This isn't an english exam it's a gaming forum. People like you need to learn how to loosen up and stop being so argumentative, you're ruining the atmosphere. If I don't feel like giving essay replies to explain why I prefer something then I don't have to. Yes 30fps is borderline unplayable to me. We all have our different experiences with games. I mean, before I got my PS5 I found it ok to deal with just not ideal. And some others think 30fps is perfectly smooth. And some others think even 60fps is unplayable and 120fps should be the norm. We're all entitled to our own opinion. 

No, i'm not going to respond to your points because you're just acting really uptight and obnoxious. You don't get replies by being passive aggressive. I mean my statement doesn't even need an argument to back it up, it's literally a preference anyway. 30fps is extremely inconvenient to me. Maybe I was exaggurating about unplayable but it still feels very rough. That's my preference, I can't change how I feel.

Since the OP you've been pushing with an elitist attitude "30fps is unplayable" and your calling me uptight.  You've been dismissive and willfully ignorant of other people participating in a thread that you started. Now your insulting me because I like to articulate myself in my posts and fully explain things.

YOUR the one that needs to chill out and check the attitude at the door pal.

Just now, Crazycrab said:

Since the OP you've been pushing with an elitist attitude "30fps is unplayable" and your calling me uptight.  You've been dismissive and willfully ignorant of other people participating in a thread that you started. Now your insulting me because I like to articulate myself in my posts and fully explain things.

YOUR the one that needs to chill out and check the attitude at the door pal.

Ignorant of what exactly? Me having a preference. That's like saying i'm being ignorant because I said I prefer vanilla ice cream to chocolate and then you proceeding to go on lengthy rants about how chocolate ice cream is objectively made better and getting butthurt when I refuse to argue back. And at this point when i've made it crystal clear that it's a preference, you're STILL trying to argue with me.

Right. I think what would be best is if you don't click on my threads anymore. And I won't click on your either. I don't have time for this petty squabble with touchy people like you. Bye.

23 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There is no point in dealing with an inconsistent 60fps because it's not something that's worth it. Why the stress? Having 30fps is far more better, even though it's got its own issues but it's better. 

To each our own. I can handle inconsistent frame rates as long as it isn't too inconsistent. Like if it rarely dips below 45 fps. 30fps is barely tolerable to me nowadays. I usually play on PS5, when I played SMTV a few months ago it looked like it was stuttering.

Edited by NightmareFarm

30 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

To each our own. I can handle inconsistent frame rates as long as it isn't too inconsistent. Like if it rarely dips below 45 fps. 30fps is barely tolerable to me nowadays. I usually play on PS5, when I played SMTV a few months ago it looked like it was stuttering.

That's totally understandable from the looks of it and playing on Playstation 5 is another factor for you to consider in the case, so I totally get why you choose what you do. 

depends on the platform honestly, i played GTA V on PS4 for a short while and the capped 30 fps looked completely fine for me as it was stable and smoother than in PC even if im used to play on 60 on PC, i also completed Resident Evil 4 (the original) on PC and it was locked to 30 fps by default and didn't even feel that it was stuttering at all, so stable frametimes is the key!

1 hour ago, Zesty said:

I think Id rather have inconsistent 60 FPS because 30 FPS would feel super slow and sluggish. Although now I game on my PC and am used to 120 FPS minimum so it'd be hard for me either way!

I agree. I can handle a little stuttering but 30fps just feels so rough. It feels like it's perpetually stuttering.

I am another one of these people that don't really notice a tangible difference between 30fps and 60fps, so 30fps or more is fine for me so long as it's stable, even if it never gets as high as 60fps. I'll take better visuals even at the cost of some performance. On my current gaming laptop, that's the kind of frame rates I tend to get when I run modern games at max settings, at it looks perfectly fine even of a 144hz screen. As @Crazycrab pointed out earlier in the thread, people have to consider how the frame rate thier game runs at and how that matches the screen they are using. Frame rates aren't everything. Quite frankly, I hate having to turn on that FPS indicator to then faff about with my graphics setting when I start playing a new PC game.

4 hours ago, Zesty said:

I think Id rather have inconsistent 60 FPS because 30 FPS would feel super slow and sluggish. Although now I game on my PC and am used to 120 FPS minimum so it'd be hard for me either way!

Whatever works for you is what's best for you right? There is no way we would all have it the same way and it's what out preferences is all about.