Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you could go back in time and give your child self one video game available today …

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

If you play then you know better than me.  I'd imagine a violin is more difficult but I think in either case it's practice.

I believe that Violin is more difficult. Even when you look at how it's been held to play, my God, it makes my arm sore. 

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You guys play violin and guitar, while all I play is the aulos.

I almost asked what's Aulos but had to Google it then had to find out that what I know it as was Tibia. It's a cool instrument too. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You guys play violin and guitar, while all I play is the aulos.

You must be in love with it and as well very good at it since it's the only instrument you play right? 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

You must be in love with it and as well very good at it since it's the only instrument you play right? 

Do you know how to play Aulos as well? By the looks of it, I think that it's not going to that difficult to play. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

Do you know how to play Aulos as well? By the looks of it, I think that it's not going to that difficult to play. 

Quite well. I have come up with a few tunes, and sometimes I just start playing and let it go wherever it goes. But don't let it fool you. That's 2 pipes you're blowing into at the same time, and using your fingers in unison on each of them. It's very difficult to learn. Sure you can blow into it, but where most people have trouble learning is that they keep blowing into only one side instead of both at the same time. Like any other instrument, it takes years to learn, and more years to master. I've been playing it for about 10 years. Also you have to keep up with cleaning, as the saliva in your breath can deteriorate the inside of it if you don't clean it. Not to mention other common environmental hazards like dirt/dust and things like that. Too much moisture in the air can cause it to rust if you get a cheaply made one. A quality aulos wildly ranges in price depending on where you get it and who you get it from, so I couldn't even give you a ballpark. I've had mine so long that I don't even remember what I paid for it. The main downside is that it's a rare instrument these days, so you're most likely NOT going to be able to find a teacher. You're going to have to go in blind and hope for the best.

You have played it long enough for 10 years. I had the impression that it would be an easy thing to play because I used to own a similar flute when I was a kid, although it's just one pipe. It wasn't that hard but I know now that it's different from Aulos. 

Ignoring any educational stuff, I would probably go for one with a massive open world like Grand Theft Auto V or Red Dead Redemption 2. It would be crazy to experience such a big game like that when I was younger especially with how good it looks and how good the gameplay is in both games.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

Ignoring any educational stuff, I would probably go for one with a massive open world like Grand Theft Auto V or Red Dead Redemption 2. It would be crazy to experience such a big game like that when I was younger especially with how good it looks and how good the gameplay is in both games.

Some of us wouldn't even have the mind to absorb and understand what such games is all about at such a young age. But it's definitely something worth exploring. 

On 5/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Quite well. I have come up with a few tunes, and sometimes I just start playing and let it go wherever it goes. But don't let it fool you. That's 2 pipes you're blowing into at the same time, and using your fingers in unison on each of them. It's very difficult to learn. Sure you can blow into it, but where most people have trouble learning is that they keep blowing into only one side instead of both at the same time. Like any other instrument, it takes years to learn, and more years to master. I've been playing it for about 10 years. Also you have to keep up with cleaning, as the saliva in your breath can deteriorate the inside of it if you don't clean it. Not to mention other common environmental hazards like dirt/dust and things like that. Too much moisture in the air can cause it to rust if you get a cheaply made one. A quality aulos wildly ranges in price depending on where you get it and who you get it from, so I couldn't even give you a ballpark. I've had mine so long that I don't even remember what I paid for it. The main downside is that it's a rare instrument these days, so you're most likely NOT going to be able to find a teacher. You're going to have to go in blind and hope for the best.

Working with the two pipes is what makes it different from Trumpet. I have seen where they play trumpets and the amount of force they use in blowing in air in it is going to be very quite a task. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Working with the two pipes is what makes it different from Trumpet. I have seen where they play trumpets and the amount of force they use in blowing in air in it is going to be very quite a task. 

This video says it all on how difficult it is when it comes playing Trumpet. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

This video says it all on how difficult it is when it comes playing Trumpet. 

It isn't that amazing with what I saw the young boy blowing around the trumpet. I am not moved to learn if from the video, because it didn't satisfy me.  

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It isn't that amazing with what I saw the young boy blowing around the trumpet. I am not moved to learn if from the video, because it didn't satisfy me.  

I did tried it once and my cheeks nearly blew up 😂. I had do drop it for Violin 🎻

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm never playing trumpet 🎺 after watching that. It's way off my league completely. 

Those that are playing it are still human beings, so it's something you can play if you put your time into it.