Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you could go back in time and give your child self one video game available today …

If you could go back in time and give your child self one video game available today, what would it be and why?

I would gift my childhood self BioShock Infinite, because I think it would have done the most to help expand my mind. My second choice would be Skyrim, because all child me wanted to do in games was explore.

I dont know if my kid self would have understood Bioshock Infinite xD I was very dull as a kid, but for sure my first pick is Skyrim and probably Ocarina of time, I was already a teen by the time I played my first Zelda game but I think I would have probably enjoyed it far more as a kid

Kind of tough one to answer : most logical answer would be to go with Stardew valley, pretty sure with some adjustments a sega saturn or ps1 would be able to run it (i think) so that's what i'm going to go for, ah yes i can see myself playing this as a kid for atleast a 1000 hours, trying to complete that damn museum.

If we're talking games of the current generation, my answer should be obvious. RDR2. But when I was a kid, despite absolutely loving video games, I wasn't usually very good at them. I think at the time, RDR2 would have been WAY too complicated for me. But I still love it. And it would be interesting to see 7 year old me try to play a game like that.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:06 PM, Crazycrab said:

Not exactly a game but, Rocksmith.  I might have inspired me to pick up a guitar years ago.

A guitar and a violin which one is more difficult to master how to play? I'm thinking the latter. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

A guitar and a violin which one is more difficult to master how to play? I'm thinking the latter. 

I'm the wrong person to ask.  I've been learning guitar less than a year and have never even touched a violin.

I didn't get to play so much games as I wanted. I don't know about Bioshock infinite in the past, it would've been an option too. But I think, Pokémon red and blue, F.F 7 would've been a perfect option in my childhood gaming life. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:33 PM, Crazycrab said:

I'm the wrong person to ask.  I've been learning guitar less than a year and have never even touched a violin.

The same thing with me when it comes to playing violin. That instrument is so annoyingly difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The same thing with me when it comes to playing violin. That instrument is so annoyingly difficult. 

If you play then you know better than me.  I'd imagine a violin is more difficult but I think in either case it's practice.