Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It will be difficult for you to dump YouTube for Twitch since it's where you started your project on and it's where you have more background knowledge and strong foundation. Before you can be able to appreciate Twitch would be when you give it more time of usage like you have given to YouTube. 

What you've said is the real fact. I've given my time to YouTube, if I offer such time to Twitch, I might say opposite thing. But at this time, my project is different from gaming, assume I want to live stream video games, I would consider twitch an option.  

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

What you've said is the real fact. I've given my time to YouTube, if I offer such time to Twitch, I might say opposite thing. But at this time, my project is different from gaming, assume I want to live stream video games, I would consider twitch an option.  

I understand your situation very well. Just go on with the YouTube channel since it's going to be what would work best for you. Maybe in the future, you can start up something with Twitch and see where that takes you. 

28 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I understand your situation very well. Just go on with the YouTube channel since it's going to be what would work best for you. Maybe in the future, you can start up something with Twitch and see where that takes you. 

Yeah, I wouldn't write twitch off, in the future I can be push to start up a game streaming channel, and I'll consider that at twitch. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't write twitch off, in the future I can be push to start up a game streaming channel, and I'll consider that at twitch. 

Good luck with that my friend whenever you are ready to take that step forward with using Twitch. I'm sure that with your experience on YouTube, it's not going to be too hard for you to use Twitch. 

27 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Good luck with that my friend whenever you are ready to take that step forward with using Twitch. I'm sure that with your experience on YouTube, it's not going to be too hard for you to use Twitch. 

Sure, experience is the key. I decided to go with YouTube first via a football niche channel, to seek experience then later I can switch to video game to further enhance my live streaming career. 

I really like twitch and it's ability to let fans support you. I feel like YouTube has its perks, but I feel twitch is where you get a lot more options for both the streamer and viewers. YouTube is catching up I guess, but twitch is still the best place to stream. 

YouTube have same equivalent userbase just as Facebook, twitch userbase can't be compared to what we have with YouTube. And YouTube suit my plans at the moment, I had an account with twitch but it seems I've forgotten it. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

YouTube have same equivalent userbase just as Facebook, twitch userbase can't be compared to what we have with YouTube. And YouTube suit my plans at the moment, I had an account with twitch but it seems I've forgotten it. 

YouTube does have a bigger userbase, but their streaming side isn't near what twitch does. 

Facebook is actually worse off in the streaming side of things. The options are there, but no one really bothers to stream on FB compared to twitch and YouTube. But it is growing so who knows, that could change. 

25 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

YouTube does have a bigger userbase, but their streaming side isn't near what twitch does. 

Facebook is actually worse off in the streaming side of things. The options are there, but no one really bothers to stream on FB compared to twitch and YouTube. But it is growing so who knows, that could change. 

There are just few streamers on Facebook which are not anywhere near what you get on either Twitch or YouTube. Even viewers find it very difficult to go to Facebook for videos like they do on YouTube or Twitch. 

40 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Check it out, Facebook reels is growing, just as YouTube shorts, TikTok short videos. And the creators of those Facebook reels are generating revenue from what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Facebook is actually worse off in the streaming side of things. The options are there, but no one really bothers to stream on FB compared to twitch and YouTube

I would have to disagree with you on this, though I know YouTube and twitch are actually bigger in terms of more streams, but there are still a lot of people and content creators who values Facebook streams and there are still people who are always going live on Facebook.

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Check it out, Facebook reels is growing, just as YouTube shorts, TikTok short videos. And the creators of those Facebook reels are generating revenue from what they're doing. 

I have never used that Reels feature on Facebook ever since it got introduced. I'm not even on Facebook frequently but I'm going to make use it. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I have never used that Reels feature on Facebook ever since it got introduced. I'm not even on Facebook frequently but I'm going to make use it. 

If you know you have talent in making entertaining videos, then you can proceed with the reels videos. It doesn't mean you need to make comic videos, you can just show off your lifestyle videos. 

26 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If you know you have talent in making entertaining videos, then you can proceed with the reels videos. It doesn't mean you need to make comic videos, you can just show off your lifestyle videos. 

I started seeing the features on Facebook recently about 2 months ago but never cared to have it checked out. It was on Instagram that I have watched videos made using it. I'm guessing it's the same thing with Facebook as well since they are owned by the same person - Mark Zuckerberg. 

52 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I started seeing the features on Facebook recently about 2 months ago but never cared to have it checked out. It was on Instagram that I have watched videos made using it. I'm guessing it's the same thing with Facebook as well since they are owned by the same person - Mark Zuckerberg. 

Yeah, mark zuckerberg brought the feature to Facebook, it was only on Instagram. And again the feature is monetized, those creators of the reels are paid doing those short videos just as YouTube pay it's #short creators. I created one short video before, but I didn't get monetized because it didn't reach 1k views mark which YouTube shorts monetization starts from.