Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

19 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Just take your time and get everything done properly. Remember, there's no point in rushing it and making a mess of everything. When it's all set to work as they are supposed to be, you will even enjoy it a lot more. 

If you have a schedule on how you stream your games, you can be able to make a guess on how much content you would have within a specific period of time. Without a lot of contents, you're not heading anywhere good. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no problem with that. But starting a YouTube channel doesn't require you starting everything at once. And again, it depends on your plans with your YouTube channel, if you're going to be a tutor, then you need a quality webcam for your audience to hear you better. As for me, I have Canva, I can use it and edit my football match videos, and make it quality, then upload on YouTube. My sole aim for now isn't about making money with my YouTube channel, but to start saving my football videos for my tomorrow discovery. 

I am not planning to start all at once but I feel I need to be ready and start working on my contents and unique style, would be doing a lot of tutorials and lifestyle videos so I need a really good camera, which I would get at the end of the month.

20 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I am not planning to start all at once but I feel I need to be ready and start working on my contents and unique style, would be doing a lot of tutorials and lifestyle videos so I need a really good camera, which I would get at the end of the month.

If it's possible for you to look up other YouTube channels that are based on the same niche or anything related, look up how they are set up and see what you can pick up from them to help you with your own. 

5 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Just take your time and get everything done properly. Remember, there's no point in rushing it and making a mess of everything. When it's all set to work as they are supposed to be, you will even enjoy it a lot more. 

Sure, I am not rushing when it comes to uploading video contents, it will come when I have something tangible to show to my audience. I am building subscribers gradually, I believe when I have more videos they'll come more when it impress them. 

22 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Yes, from every indication, it looks like starting out on Twitch looks like the best decision forward for me. I just need to work out a plan on how to stream and upload as often as possible. 

My brother just started his own new YouTube channel yesterday. He's working on adding a lot of contents to it. Immediately he's got a few more on it, I would likely share it here, so we can support him. 

I'm not a huge fan of Twitch. I have a friend who runs a D&D actual play stream and Twitch killed their channel without ever giving them anything more than a vague non-reason why, and no way to get in touch with anyone or make any corrective action. So, he's using YouTube now.

16 minutes ago, harleyqbx said:

I'm not a huge fan of Twitch. I have a friend who runs a D&D actual play stream and Twitch killed their channel without ever giving them anything more than a vague non-reason why, and no way to get in touch with anyone or make any corrective action. So, he's using YouTube now.

Going by this, it looks like they have a horrible support system for their user because they should have had a very good explanation why they kill off a channel and not like they suspended it. 

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

If it's possible for you to look up other YouTube channels that are based on the same niche or anything related, look up how they are set up and see what you can pick up from them to help you with your own. 

I ain't trying to reinvent the wheel, I already made my inquiries followed up a bunch of YouTubers and that's why I'm so sure about what I need and I am currently working towards getting everything in place and set.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Going by this, it looks like they have a horrible support system for their user because they should have had a very good explanation why they kill off a channel and not like they suspended it. 

There aren't any shenanigans that happen on this actual play that don't also happen on the many others that run on Twitch. So, we're all pretty confused as to why there was such an extreme penalty. Personally, I wouldn't spend all that time and effort building an audience there just to have it go poof, and to then never know why.

Even at YouTube, you wouldn't get a notice as to why your channel was suspended if that's the case scenario. If you get multiple reports from viewers, it can lead to account termination without prior notice. And most of the time we cause those mistakes, by uploading watermark video contents, or uploading fake contents, low quality contents etc. 

9 hours ago, harleyqbx said:

There aren't any shenanigans that happen on this actual play that don't also happen on the many others that run on Twitch. So, we're all pretty confused as to why there was such an extreme penalty. Personally, I wouldn't spend all that time and effort building an audience there just to have it go poof, and to then never know why.

This is very sad and frustrating because you know that you never breached any of their policies but all of sudden, they decide to ruin all one's effort. This is going to deter me from depending on Twitch 100%.

Yeah, and always keep an eye out for new platforms that might take off anyway. Because the the established platforms reach a point of saturation where you're a little fish swimming in an ocean. You can still get something going, but it's tougher to do, you have to work harder at it, and the $ isn't going to be as good as someone who got in early. On a newer platform, there'll be a smaller overall audience, but you're more likely more of a share of that audience. There's always risk involved, of course. The gamble on the newer platform might not pay off because if the developers aren't seeing the growth #s and $ they're expecting, the newer platform could go away.

There are a lot of different ways to look at the hurdles to streaming. Take all the angles into consideration, and go with whatever works best for you.

Edited by harleyqbx

35 minutes ago, harleyqbx said:

Yeah, and always keep an eye out for new platforms that might take off anyway. Because the the established platforms reach a point of saturation where you're a little fish swimming in an ocean. You can still get something going, but it's tougher to do, you have to work harder at it, and the $ isn't going to be as good as someone who got in early. On a newer platform, there'll be a smaller overall audience, but you're more likely more of a share of that audience. There's always risk involved, of course. The gamble on the newer platform might not pay off because if the developers aren't seeing the growth #s and $ they're expecting, the newer platform could go away.

There are a lot of different ways to look at the hurdles to streaming. Take all the angles into consideration, and go with whatever works best for you.

Everything you said about starting out with a new platform is true. It's the uncertainty that surrounds it makes it hard for people to jump into it quickly. If there's a way to stream on TikTok, I'm not sure if that's possible, it would be very useful because the platform is booming now. 

Twitch is by far the better streaming platform between the two. YouTube is eh, it's not great. 

Also, streaming on YouTube is more of a recent thing. YouTube didn't have streaming until, maybe the last 5 years or so. I may be off, but Twitch was doing streaming before YouTube if I'm not mistaken. 

20 hours ago, harleyqbx said:

They probably just decided to screw you guys over because they know that there's nothing you people can do about it. It's just like what PayPal does with limiting users account.