Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

On 6/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Heatman said:

Yes, he's either an Indian or from Pakistan. The last time I looked him up on Twitch, he wasn't on the platform. He might have joined now. I will know when I check him out again. I never looked for him on YouTube because I was satisfied with his Facebook streaming. 

I have been following him for a while now on Facebook learning a few things from his livestreaming and sooner than later, I will either start up on Twitch or I join him on Facebook. I'm sure that either of them would work just good. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

I have been following him for a while now on Facebook learning a few things from his livestreaming and sooner than later, I will either start up on Twitch or I join him on Facebook. I'm sure that either of them would work just good. 

Anyone which you decide to start out with is good as long as you have all the background knowledge of how to get the job done. Twitch is good, YouTube is good and Facebook is equally good as well. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Anyone which you decide to start out with is good as long as you have all the background knowledge of how to get the job done. Twitch is good, YouTube is good and Facebook is equally good as well. 

You're right about all of the channels being good for streaming. What a user needs to look into would be the one that he or she could manipulate and exploit easily to suit his or her needs. 

On the present, I'll stick with YouTube. Twitch has started to become a community full of people who are only streaming for money and not bringing fun.

I mean, I'm not saying that it's not quite the same on YT, but it's a little more family-friendly.

Edited by AndreiMirfi

2 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

On the present, I'll stick with YouTube. Twitch has started to become a community full of people who are only streaming for money and not bringing fun.

I mean, I'm not saying that it's not quite the same on YT, but it's a little more family-friendly.

In the end, it's all about the money. In as much we are looking at having fun, we can't do without money. It's like the fuel that drives our daily lives a activities. 

It's definitely better when you combine fun and making money at the same time. 

Money adds more fun to passion. When you're passionate about teaching people online, then YouTube is a perfect place to start that. Gradually, you can build your way up and you'll start making money out of your passion. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

In the end, it's all about the money. In as much we are looking at having fun, we can't do without money. It's like the fuel that drives our daily lives a activities. 

It's definitely better when you combine fun and making money at the same time. 

On a long term project and involvement, I will be looking forward to making money from my streaming. I can't put all that devotion all for nothing sake. The money making factor will always come in. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

On a long term project and involvement, I will be looking forward to making money from my streaming. I can't put all that devotion all for nothing sake. The money making factor will always come in.

Assessing it from that angle, it would be better to start out with Twitch since streamers make more money from their platform with statistics on ground. If one can build on that, it's may work out well. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Money adds more fun to passion. When you're passionate about teaching people online, then YouTube is a perfect place to start that. Gradually, you can build your way up and you'll start making money out of your passion. 

I have plans to start my own YouTube channel soon but that's when I am fully settled and have enough time I could squeeze in to make some videos and also buy a more high definition webcam and other sound equipments.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

I have plans to start my own YouTube channel soon but that's when I am fully settled and have enough time I could squeeze in to make some videos and also buy a more high definition webcam and other sound equipments.

You're right about that on having the time to get things moving on the new channel. You need to upload contents frequently in order to make it possible for you to keep getting more visible, views and subscribers. 

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

Their is no problem with that. But starting a YouTube channel doesn't require you starting everything at once. And again, it depends on your plans with your YouTube channel, if you're going to be a tutor, then you need a quality webcam for your audience to hear you better. As for me, I have Canva, I can use it and edit my football match videos, and make it quality, then upload on YouTube. My sole aim for now isn't about making money with my YouTube channel, but to start saving my football videos for my tomorrow discovery. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Assessing it from that angle, it would be better to start out with Twitch since streamers make more money from their platform with statistics on ground. If one can build on that, it's may work out well. 

Yes, from every indication, it looks like starting out on Twitch looks like the best decision forward for me. I just need to work out a plan on how to stream and upload as often as possible. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no problem with that. But starting a YouTube channel doesn't require you starting everything at once. And again, it depends on your plans with your YouTube channel, if you're going to be a tutor, then you need a quality webcam for your audience to hear you better. As for me, I have Canva, I can use it and edit my football match videos, and make it quality, then upload on YouTube. My sole aim for now isn't about making money with my YouTube channel, but to start saving my football videos for my tomorrow discovery. 

Everything with running a YouTube channel or Twitch account is all about following the process. You can't wake up immediately and join the platform, then you keep making thousands of dollars. You will start from the basis and grow it. 

1 minute ago, Dannyjax said:

Everything with running a YouTube channel or Twitch account is all about following the process. You can't wake up immediately and join the platform, then you keep making thousands of dollars. You will start from the basis and grow it. 

Well stated man. That's why I needed to start somewhere, I don't have it all when it comes to equipments to make my videos very superfluous. But I believe it will be better in the future as I gain experience. For now, I'm starting small, saving money to buy the beat equipments to make my videos stand a chance of impressing my audience due to it's video quality. I have only one video, had it been it's a gaming channel, I would've shared it on VGR. I don't want to violet the forum rules that's why I never tried sharing a link related to my YouTube channel. Maybe when I start a video game streaming channel in the future I can bring it up here. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Well stated man. That's why I needed to start somewhere, I don't have it all when it comes to equipments to make my videos very superfluous. But I believe it will be better in the future as I gain experience. For now, I'm starting small, saving money to buy the beat equipments to make my videos stand a chance of impressing my audience due to it's video quality. I have only one video, had it been it's a gaming channel, I would've shared it on VGR. I don't want to violet the forum rules that's why I never tried sharing a link related to my YouTube channel. Maybe when I start a video game streaming channel in the future I can bring it up here. 

Just take your time and get everything done properly. Remember, there's no point in rushing it and making a mess of everything. When it's all set to work as they are supposed to be, you will even enjoy it a lot more.