Register Now
The Blackangel

Are certain games better in online play, or story mode?

14 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I believe @Shagger told you exactly what FUT is all about. I know he doesn't love the series, that's by the way, everyone has his or her opinion. I love it, but I wouldn't derail the thread talking just about FUT. That's why I'm trying to find other online games to engage on, I've already picked 'Red dead online, COD mobile' as online games to look into sooner, but I wouldn't guarantee playing them for now, since FUT is taking much of my time due to my drive for soccer. The micro transactions in FIFA ultimate team is optional, you can build your team from scratch too, and use your points to acquire some high profile players, gradually you're building, but it will take you longer seasons to get there, and you need to win more of the matches, top competitions to rank amongst elite in the FUT leaderboard to unlock some achievements for yourself. But if you don't need to take that long cut to get what you want for the game, you can look up to using your money to buy the items in the game to develop your squad the best way you can. 

None of that changes the fact that people can and do pay money for an advantage in FUT over other players. Buy buying more packs than you can just naturally earn by playing the game, you increase your chances of getting higher value, rarer and more advantageous player cards to build you ultimate team with. That makes it pay-to-win. This is disgusting in a free-to-play game, but on a franchise that demands at least full AAA price year after year (and you have to buy the game year after year as your FUT progress is re-set each time the new game comes out, another bullshit move from EA), it is despicable. I'm glad you find it amusing, somebody should, but personally it makes me feel sick.

Edited by Shagger

38 minutes ago, Shagger said:

FUT stands for "FIFA Ultimate Team". It's the game mode from EA's Official FIFA games that serves as the platform for online multiplayer, or at least that's what EA will tell you. The truth? FUT is the platform from which EA's scams thier own audience though some of the most horrendous, blatantly pay-to-win microtransactions and loot boxes in the entire game's industry.

Thanks for the clarification on what FUT is all about and I'm most likely not going to be interesting in taking part in it because I so much hate it when a game is set up to be Pay to win. It's not worth the time and effort. 

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

None of that changes the fact that people can and do pay money for an advantage in FUT over other players. Buy buying more packs than you can just naturally earn buy playing the game, you increase your chances of getting higher value, rarer and more advantageous player cards to build you ultimate team with. That makes it pay-to-win. This is disgusting in a free-to-play game, but on a franchise that demands at least full AAA price year after year (and you have to buy the game year after year as you FUT progress is re-set each time the new game comes out, another bullshit move from EA), it is despicable. I'm glad you find it amusing, somebody should, but personally it make me feel sick.

I understand your point our amiable mod, FIFA is a seasonal game, which is seen around professional football leagues, they're all seasonal games. So, when new season starts, always expect changes in the game, that's what EA keeps doing to bring new features to it's gamers. Those items/cards are there for players to purchase with points, they're still optional, you don't need to spend real money for those cards if you don't want to.

You can even skip from buying new FIFA edition game, just download the DLC using LAN or internet connection, and it will update the current changes in the game, maybe you're playing FIFA 21, and FIFA 22 is on-board, you can download FIFA 22 contents to your FIFA 21, through importation of data, and you move on. 

I've been playing FIFA ultimate team for long now, I never really spent on the online game, I earn my points from in-game, top competitions I've break in and conquered, which has helped me to rank very high in the leaderboard. And with those points you can unlock some useful cards that is on same per with the points value, use the player cards or any item card to build your squad strong and vice versa. 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, killamch89 said:

GTA 5 has a pretty good story mode - online mode in the early days used to be pretty good but it's full of hackers/modders/tryhards - it's a total nightmare nowadays.

These hackers are causing a lot of people serious problems when it comes to the online games they should be enjoying but they are making it hell for them. 

Fallout 76 is a very good example of where developers made a big mess of a game on its online mode that it's a mockery to the game's story mode. The level of bugs/glitches it came with makes it not worth buying or playing. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Fallout 76 is a very good example of where developers made a big mess of a game on its online mode that it's a mockery to the game's story mode. The level of bugs/glitches it came with makes it not worth buying or playing. 

With the level of cheating and exploiting that was seen in Fallout 76 evoked the wrath of fans. It defeated the purpose of the game. Bethesda is working on a new content for the game after its last DLC Wastelanders, hopefully it's going to add more life to the game. But they need to work on the bugs/glitches. 

Just now, Aniekwe said:

With the level of cheating and exploiting that was seen in Fallout 76 evoked the wrath of fans. It defeated the purpose of the game. Bethesda is working on a new content for the game after its last DLC Wastelanders, hopefully it's going to add more life to the game. But they need to work on the bugs/glitches. 

I think it was more the fact Fallout 76 was a broken pile of hot garbage is what bothered the fans most, the cheaters and exploits was just a small part of it. I did here about the new DLC, it's going back to the Pitt... from Fallout 3... because, Tod Howard was out of ideas? Details from RockPaperShotgun.com

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I think it was more the fact Fallout 76 was a broken pile of hot garbage is what bothered the fans most, the cheaters and exploits was just a small part of it. I did here about the new DLC, it's going back to the Pitt... from Fallout 3... because, Tod Howard was out of ideas? Details from RockPaperShotgun.com

I can't say this for sure as I myself haven't played Fallout 76 but some gamers have said that the game is actually decent now compared to its original release. That being said, I'm still not going anywhere near it.

14 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It was very disappointing that they never planned well with the game's development and it's why it came out that way and for 4 years now, they haven't been able to fix it completely. From the article, after the Pitt content, they are planning a detour to Fallout 4’s Nuka-World. 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, killamch89 said:

GTA 5 has a pretty good story mode - online mode in the early days used to be pretty good but it's full of hackers/modders/tryhards - it's a total nightmare nowadays.

It's just terrible what these hackers have done to GTA 5  online mode. I just stick with playing offline nowadays. 

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Bethesda is having an uphill battle with trying to fix Fallout 76. It's just like what went on with Cyberpunk 2077. 

7 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Bethesda is having an uphill battle with trying to fix Fallout 76. It's just like what went on with Cyberpunk 2077. 

It took CD Projeckt 2 years to get Cyberpunk 2077 right after its release but its taken Bethesda 4 years now and they haven't fixed what's going on with Fallout 76. 

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It took CD Projeckt 2 years to get Cyberpunk 2077 right after its release but its taken Bethesda 4 years now and they haven't fixed what's going on with Fallout 76. 

If Bethesda would find a way to make sure that their new contents for the game goes well, it would give Fallout 76 fans something to hold in good regard for the game. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If Bethesda would find a way to make sure that their new contents for the game goes well, it would give Fallout 76 fans something to hold in good regard for the game. 

All I can say would be that the sooner they get it right, the better for their game on the long run. If they fail to have it good soon, most of their fans would stop playing the game. 

Sea of Thieves is another game which I enjoyed playing online. Being able to play with a crew gives me a great sense of commitment with the task we are supposed to carry out as a team. Exploring the open ocean in the game, going for loot, conveying goods from port to port and playing around on deck is what makes it fun for me.