Register Now
StaceyPowers

What prompts you to save?

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm a compulsive saver - no seriously. I take 5 steps: save!, 5 steps later: I can't remember if I just saved so I save yet again. Honestly, it should be listed as some kind of addiction 🤣🤣🤣

It is actually a good thing that you are saving in that manner because if you have actually lost a very huge progress you will understand the importance of your saving in that way. 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, Aniekwe said:

Damn!! Saving life. It's one thing with old games where you have to save manually, if you forgot to do so and shit happens, you will lose all life's work on the game. 1000 hours of play is huge. 

It was a very painful experience that I couldn't get over very easily but there is nothing I can do about it. It was lost and gone. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It was a very painful experience that I couldn't get over very easily but there is nothing I can do about it. It was lost and gone. 

This is why there is no harm in saving as much as you can because in the end, it's for your own good because when you lose your progress , you will not blame anyone cos you never saved. 

The fear of never having to lose a progress always makes me to save often. It's been a part of me now, that I always think of it all through my gameplay of any particular game where manual saving is a must. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, Aniekwe said:

This is why there is no harm in saving as much as you can because in the end, it's for your own good because when you lose your progress , you will not blame anyone cos you never saved. 

Whoever felt like it's not necessary to save often haven't experienced it first hand the way it pains when you lose a long progress with good achievements because you failed to save. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Whoever felt like it's not necessary to save often haven't experienced it first hand the way it pains when you lose a long progress with good achievements because you failed to save. 

When suck happens and you know very well that it's your fault because you should have saved, you can't blame yourself enough for failing to do so. 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:46 AM, Justin11 said:

Here in my locality 'Power isn't stable, losing it wouldn't be a choice for me, especially when I've amazed a very high standards in the game and I don't want to lose such kind of beautiful progress achieved. 

Power outages in some regions of the world is also among the reasons you need to save your progress , especially when you are playing with a console. If you are using a pc you can actually know when your battery would be low and save your game before it goes off.

36 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Power outages in some regions of the world is also among the reasons you need to save your progress , especially when you are playing with a console. If you are using a pc you can actually know when your battery would be low and save your game before it goes off.

There's a guy in my neighbourhood that always plays his games with solar power so that he doesn't have to worry about power outages or any electricity supply problems. 

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

There's a guy in my neighbourhood that always plays his games with solar power so that he doesn't have to worry about power outages or any electricity supply problems. 

If you have solar power it would also help to keep your devices on maybe during a power outage. But solar power still goes out when the stored electricity in it has been used completely and would need some hours of sunlight during the day to charge to full capacity again.

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

That would be a good way to have a permanent fix for the power problem but that doesn't solve the problems of not suffering loss of progress if he doesn't save. The game might crash on him and without saving when he's supposed to, he will lose all he's played up.