Register Now
NightmareFarm

Favourite and least favourite pokemon games you've beat?

Favorite: Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

Least Favorite: Pokemon Silver.

Silver actually used to be my favorite, but after recently starting another playthrough, my adult self started noticing a whole lot of flaws that I hadn't noticed as a kid. Notably the absolutely glacial pacing of the main story until you get about halfway through the gyms (there is NOTHING going on until you get to Ecruteak), and how although there were some damn good new pokemon designs in gen 2, most of them were trash. I've come to realize that the reason I held it in such high regard for so long was the memories I had of playing it with my friends.

3 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

Favorite: Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

Least Favorite: Pokemon Silver.

Silver actually used to be my favorite, but after recently starting another playthrough, my adult self started noticing a whole lot of flaws that I hadn't noticed as a kid. Notably the absolutely glacial pacing of the main story until you get about halfway through the gyms (there is NOTHING going on until you get to Ecruteak), and how although there were some damn good new pokemon designs in gen 2, most of them were trash. I've come to realize that the reason I held it in such high regard for so long was the memories I had of playing it with my friends.

How is legends arceus? There is a lot of hype surrounding that game and its an open world game iirc. 

Also I feel a similar way to gen 4 pokemon that you do about silver. I still love it though for nostalgia reasons.

10 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

How is legends arceus? There is a lot of hype surrounding that game and its an open world game iirc. 

Also I feel a similar way to gen 4 pokemon that you do about silver. I still love it though for nostalgia reasons.

I consider Legends: Arceus to be the best Pokemon game I've ever played. It's not a true open world game as the world is segregated into 5 zones according to biome, but each zone is quite large and contains a good variety of pokemon. And because the whole point of the game is catching pokemon, the world never feels boring or empty. Then there's an abundance of secondary gameplay mechanics such as Spacetime Distortions (inside which are treasure and rare pokemon), Mass Outbreaks, and Massive Mass Outbreaks happening randomly which make the world feel like it's constantly changing and there's always something to do.

The main story takes about 50 hours to complete, but there's also a lively postgame that can easily keep you occupied for another 50+. I'm well over 100 hours into it and still haven't done everything in the postgame.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Game is so slow to the point of infuriating. Slow in story pacing, text speed and encounters actually pissed me off due to how long it takes to be able to even RUN. Not to mention 8 HMs, the most of any Pokémon game which srs hinders many strategies.

18 minutes ago, Empire said:

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Game is so slow to the point of infuriating. Slow in story pacing, text speed and encounters actually pissed me off due to how long it takes to be able to even RUN. Not to mention 8 HMs, the most of any Pokémon game which srs hinders many strategies.

Gen 4 felt very rough. But it was my first gen so I still have a soft spot for it.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:13 PM, HowHammerYou said:

I consider Legends: Arceus to be the best Pokemon game I've ever played. It's not a true open world game as the world is segregated into 5 zones according to biome, but each zone is quite large and contains a good variety of pokemon. And because the whole point of the game is catching pokemon, the world never feels boring or empty. Then there's an abundance of secondary gameplay mechanics such as Spacetime Distortions (inside which are treasure and rare pokemon), Mass Outbreaks, and Massive Mass Outbreaks happening randomly which make the world feel like it's constantly changing and there's always something to do.

The main story takes about 50 hours to complete, but there's also a lively postgame that can easily keep you occupied for another 50+. I'm well over 100 hours into it and still haven't done everything in the postgame.

I played legends of pokemon: Arceus and I feel that it is quite an interesting game as well, much more advanced and better than any other pokemon off the pokemon series I have played in the past.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Favourite: Pokemon Black

Least Favourite: Pokemon Moon

My favorite Pokemon game I have beaten would be Emerald which I consider to be a flawless game because of how good its battle frontiers are set up. 

My last favorite would be Pokemon :Let's Go, Pikachu and Pokemon : Let's Go, Eevee.