Register Now
DC

A game that has aged poorly

4 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Game's graphics have never been my yardstick for measuring up how good or bad any video game is, whether it's old arcade games or new ones. 

True, graphics aren't always an indication that things are going to be awful. But there are times where graphics can be tough on the eyes. There are a lot of great games out there, with great mechanics, gameplay etc that have really awful graphics. Stuff like Goldeneye comes to mind, because of how the graphics looked. 

I think with a game like goldeneye, it's better to smooth the graphics out. Kinda like what they did with Perfect Dark on the 360. I think all they did was smooth the graphics out so it wasn't such a pain on the eyes. 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:39 AM, killamch89 said:

Battlefield 1 has aged pretty badly to me and that's due to lack of updates and that is poor considering the game was released within the last 5 years.

What do you think about Call of Duty : Black Ops 1? I think it that the game tried its very best to stay afloat. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Game's graphics have never been my yardstick for measuring up how good or bad any video game is, whether it's old arcade games or new ones. 

If you make graphics your priority in games that you play, you will be getting disappointed most of the time because the poor gameplay will always ruin the whole day for you and make you waste your time for nothing. 

On 6/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, Kane99 said:

True, graphics aren't always an indication that things are going to be awful. But there are times where graphics can be tough on the eyes. There are a lot of great games out there, with great mechanics, gameplay etc that have really awful graphics. Stuff like Goldeneye comes to mind, because of how the graphics looked. 

I think with a game like goldeneye, it's better to smooth the graphics out. Kinda like what they did with Perfect Dark on the 360. I think all they did was smooth the graphics out so it wasn't such a pain on the eyes. 

You're right in this one and it's why game companies develop game's remasters just to give gamers something graphically more soothing to enjoy. 

On 6/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, Kane99 said:

True, graphics aren't always an indication that things are going to be awful. 

This is why I'm still in love with my old game on my Sega Genesis The Punisher. Irrespective of how the game's graphics looks like, I still appreciate and enjoy playing the game any day I have the time for it. 

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

BioShock was a good game no doubt when it debuted in 2007, but as we progressed the game just lost some of its luster and just focuses more on plot and settings instead of gameplay.

Honestly, BioShock has aged very well. Even by todays standards the graphics aren't that bad. The gameplay may have aged a bit more imo. Because when I played the game for the first time, I couldn't get into the gameplay that much. My brother loved it, but I couldn't get into it. But I feel like that game aged pretty decently graphic wise at least. 

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

BioShock was a good game no doubt when it debuted in 2007, but as we progressed the game just lost some of its luster and just focuses more on plot and settings instead of gameplay.

I never felt the same way with Bioshock series. Even with how long the game have been around, I still get into playing it very easily whenever I want without feeling anything odd with its gameplay or setting. With time, I have even come to appreciate what was done in the game's development more. 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:34 AM, Aniekwe said:

If you make graphics your priority in games that you play, you will be getting disappointed most of the time because the poor gameplay will always ruin the whole day for you and make you waste your time for nothing. 

It's new generation gamers that's are more freaked about graphics in video games they play. For old gamers, it's always bigger than graphics for them and it's why a lot of older games still make a lot sense to them. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I never felt the same way with Bioshock series. Even with how long the game have been around, I still get into playing it very easily whenever I want without feeling anything odd with its gameplay or setting. With time, I have even come to appreciate what was done in the game's development more. 

Yeah, I do appreciate what it is and been that it made part of my earliest Gaming memories but now BioShock just pays more emphasis on plot and settings which is quite interesting but the game play doesn't match it.