Register Now
DC

What's a game you should like but just find too mundane/bad

53 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I get really frustrated with those souls games. They're way too hard for me. I would love to get into them and progress, but I have no patience for it to be honest. 

I wouldn't force myself too hard when their is no progress made on each chapter, I can't even progress to chapter two. That's the reason I didn't continue with dark souls III, no drive anymore. 

On 7/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, Yaramaki said:

The last of us -> I tried multiple times to get into the game and i know it's blasphemy to say this but i just can't get into the characters and the world itself. It's probably just me as i've never been huge on naughty dog their recent games. 

Even though this is not the same with me as I have played TLOU part I and completed TLOU part II twice I got this same remarks from a few of my folks who have met me playing this game and they were saying they couldn't really get into the characters which made it difficult for them to enjoy the game as much as I say it is.

I don't  know the issue but maybe some video games wouldn't be suiting to everyone no matter how good others might find them.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:42 PM, killamch89 said:

Halo Infinite - honestly, compared to previous Halo games, this one just feels so...flat. In addition to that I've noticed they removed a couple useful features from previous games so that makes me dislike it even more.

I can only speak to the Multiplayer but I feel just about the same way. The highest praise I can give it is that it's not terrible. I used to say "it works" as a compliment, but between the desync, animation bugs, difficulty interacting with some objects (the Oddball for instance) and dysfunctional weekly missions makes me say otherwise nowadays. Not to mention we have to wait 6 months between major updates thanks to its wonky season design.

I tried playing the original Halo games single player modes and I could never get into them. Then again I played them for the first time about 5 years ago. So maybe it's because I had time with many other fps games first that caused me not to get into it. Idk. I enjoyed the multiplayer modes when I played them during a LAN party, but that was all I ever played in terms of halo. 

On 7/31/2022 at 5:26 AM, Withywarlock said:

I can only speak to the Multiplayer but I feel just about the same way. The highest praise I can give it is that it's not terrible. I used to say "it works" as a compliment, but between the desync, animation bugs, difficulty interacting with some objects (the Oddball for instance) and dysfunctional weekly missions makes me say otherwise nowadays. Not to mention we have to wait 6 months between major updates thanks to its wonky season design.

I don't even play the multiplayer that much and that's an anomaly for me because I usually play that before even actually playing the single player. Within a month, I completely stopped. 

Street fighter EX of the ps2 era had it's own fair share of mundane but in a good way though.

It's get slow at times and the fights too predictable and easy but when cracker jacker hits you with a baseball bat so hard you bounce off the moon and back to Earth and that was a really cool addition compensating for it's predictability.

On 7/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't force myself too hard when their is no progress made on each chapter, I can't even progress to chapter two. That's the reason I didn't continue with dark souls III, no drive anymore. 

There's just so much going on in dark souls that I can't be bothered to get better. I can't handle trying to beat a boss that kills you hundreds of times, over and over. I can't do it, I get really annoyed and quit. 

I'm sure it feels awesome to defeat that boss you've been trying to beat for hours, but can't get invested like that myself. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's just so much going on in dark souls that I can't be bothered to get better. I can't handle trying to beat a boss that kills you hundreds of times, over and over. I can't do it, I get really annoyed and quit. 

I'm sure it feels awesome to defeat that boss you've been trying to beat for hours, but can't get invested like that myself. 

Their is nothing more annoying when you've spent hours trying to hit down a boss fighter, yet their is no avail that's just it with dark souls games and God Hand. 

30 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Their is nothing more annoying when you've spent hours trying to hit down a boss fighter, yet their is no avail that's just it with dark souls games and God Hand. 

Yeah it sucks, especially if you get their health bar nearly all the way down and then bam, they kill you with an OP attack or something. With Dark Souls that always seems to happen. You get super far into the battle, and one poor move you get screwed over. I can't handle games like that for too long, because I just get tired of being destroyed lol. 

8 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Fortnite is terrible. It's made by the makers of Gears of War and makes you build stuff in the middle of a firefight and starts you with no guns.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned fortnite here, I think starting you with no gun was so that you find it along the way or earn a free gun when you buy a comic of fortnite or something of that sort.

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's been a while since anyone mentioned fortnite here, I think starting you with no gun was so that you find it along the way or earn a free gun when you buy a comic of fortnite or something of that sort.

Yeah, it's just not for me I guess. Like I said: I play the Gears of War video games, so Fortnite just felt vastly too different and worse than the Gears games in a few areas already mentioned.

16 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Fortnite is terrible. It's made by the makers of Gears of War and makes you build stuff in the middle of a firefight and starts you with no guns.

That's the point, everyone starts off with just their picaxe. The point is to find weapons as soon as you can so you can better defend yourself. With time, it can eventually get fun, especially with the building mechanics. It adds a lot of options to make the game different. I suck at building, but it has helped me get out of hairy situations before. 

But, there's also other modes. They now have a no build mode, where you get extra shield, but of course, can't build. And there's also creative mode where they make special game modes. There's a lot to fortnite, but I understand why people don't get into it. 

It isn't close to what Gears of War was though, if anything the controls are more smooth and easier to get into than Gears of War. At least imo. 

On 8/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, Kane99 said:

That's the point, everyone starts off with just their picaxe. The point is to find weapons as soon as you can so you can better defend yourself. With time, it can eventually get fun, especially with the building mechanics. It adds a lot of options to make the game different. I suck at building, but it has helped me get out of hairy situations before. 

But, there's also other modes. They now have a no build mode, where you get extra shield, but of course, can't build. And there's also creative mode where they make special game modes. There's a lot to fortnite, but I understand why people don't get into it. 

It isn't close to what Gears of War was though, if anything the controls are more smooth and easier to get into than Gears of War. At least imo. 

Fortnite is not as mundane as they make it seem, what I can attest to is that fortnite is a lot more challenging for first time players but if have been on the game for a few weeks and gathered armour and skins it becomes a lot more interesting.