Register Now
StaceyPowers

Series you have abandoned

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I can't remember the last time I played any Mario series game and pokémon series game. They've gone exile, my mind is truly on any racing game genre. 

I haven't played Mario in a long time but I still play Pokemon , I even have the recent legends of pokemon :Arceus and it's interesting to play.

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I can't remember the last time I played any Mario series game and pokémon series game. They've gone exile, my mind is truly on any racing game genre. 

If it's not Mario Kart 8 Deluxe edition that I play on my Nintendo Switch, the rest of the series have been a while since I played them. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is among my top 10 favourite Mario games on Switch. 

I think I may call it on the sniper elite series. They are usually good games and I did have an okay, but kinda annoying time with it. From some game breaking glitch that stopped me from finishing a mission and from an glitch that kept a body attached to me after I picked up a body to move it. 

I feel like they don't make much of any changes to these games. The last few have all been the same with minimal changes. Now the newer one adds some stealth options, and missions where you don't have to kill everyone. But it's not enough of a change imo.

They really need to do something new and big for the new game, because idk how many times I can play the samey missions. 

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I haven't played Mario in a long time but I still play Pokemon , I even have the recent legends of pokemon :Arceus and it's interesting to play.

It's been I while I played pokémon Arceus game, I can't just remember the last time I played that one, but I know it occured this year (2022). 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

If it's not Mario Kart 8 Deluxe edition that I play on my Nintendo Switch, the rest of the series have been a while since I played them. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is among my top 10 favourite Mario games on Switch. 

Mario Kart is one of the best game in Mario series to date. I love it together with Super Mario 3D World when Mario games were one of my favourite series game.  

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think I may call it on the sniper elite series. They are usually good games and I did have an okay, but kinda annoying time with it. From some game breaking glitch that stopped me from finishing a mission and from an glitch that kept a body attached to me after I picked up a body to move it. 

I feel like they don't make much of any changes to these games. The last few have all been the same with minimal changes. Now the newer one adds some stealth options, and missions where you don't have to kill everyone. But it's not enough of a change imo.

They really need to do something new and big for the new game, because idk how many times I can play the samey missions. 

What do you think about the game Medal of Honor series? The last release of the game's series was in 2020 and I believe that they run the game's course and should retire it by now. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, Heatman said:

I couldn't even complete watching the TV series of it and it was the same outcome with the video game's series. At one point, I couldn't keep up with both the TV series and video games. I just lost interest and moved on from them. The same thing happened to me with Heroes. 

I have not seen the last two seasons of the TV series as they are just crap and and boring and it's the same over again. I only did the first game and not even completed it 😛 And so I don't think that I be able to even play the other games, It's just a game that you make up the story about. 

On 7/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, Justin11 said:

I mostly play the retro games in the series. Most of the newer Mario games I don't even play. I played odesyee for like a few minutes, and haven't played most of the recent games. I prefer the retro games anyway. 

Also, I wouldn't say I abandoned it though.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, Clasher said:

I really don't have any reason why I abandoned it but at some point with persona series , Hades and. Bloodborne I just got  interested In other RPG's and gradually kingdom hearts became dormant. 

Kingdom Hearts is a good shout as well - It's not like I despise the series. The gameplay is fun at times but the story is so complex - I'd have a better chance of beating a computer at chess that figuring out Kingdom Heart's story. It's all over the place...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Kingdom Hearts is a good shout as well - It's not like I despise the series. The gameplay is fun at times but the story is so complex - I'd have a better chance of beating a computer at chess that figuring out Kingdom Heart's story. It's all over the place...

I didn't find it that difficult and its nothing compared to playing Chess, that's way more complex than a RPG.

It's not even as complex as BioShock infinite or bloodborne.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I mostly play the retro games in the series. Most of the newer Mario games I don't even play. I played odesyee for like a few minutes, and haven't played most of the recent games. I prefer the retro games anyway. 

Also, I wouldn't say I abandoned it though.

You prefer the retro mario games? I can't remember any retro game I've played in the last six months. My most recent is GTA S.A (2004), I can't call that one a retro game, it has not aged well. 

21 hours ago, Empire said:

I have not seen the last two seasons of the TV series as they are just crap and and boring and it's the same over again. I only did the first game and not even completed it 😛 And so I don't think that I be able to even play the other games, It's just a game that you make up the story about. 

Seriously, that's exactly how I felt about the game. It's even why I had to dump playing it completely and moved into playing Dying Light : The Following and Dying Light 2 Stay Human. They were a bit better in terms of gameplay, although it's got bugs/glitches issues too which is normal. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You prefer the retro mario games? I can't remember any retro game I've played in the last six months. My most recent is GTA S.A (2004), I can't call that one a retro game, it has not aged well. 

Yeah, I don't own a lot of the newer Nintendo consoles. Last Nintendo console I officially owned was probably the N64 or the Gameboy advance, and I no longer have the advance as I gave it to my niece for her birthday one year. I have played some of the newer games with family and friends though. I still own most of my retro mario games and still sometimes play them. 

As for GTA SA, I'd say that qualifies as a retro game at this point. 2004 was 18 years ago. I remember hearing that NES games were retro by the late 90s early 2000s, so I'd say GTA SA qualifies at this point. 

Plus, I consider anything retro to be something that is obsolete by the time. Does that make sense? 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, I don't own a lot of the newer Nintendo consoles. Last Nintendo console I officially owned was probably the N64 or the Gameboy advance, and I no longer have the advance as I gave it to my niece for her birthday one year. I have played some of the newer games with family and friends though. I still own most of my retro mario games and still sometimes play them. 

As for GTA SA, I'd say that qualifies as a retro game at this point. 2004 was 18 years ago. I remember hearing that NES games were retro by the late 90s early 2000s, so I'd say GTA SA qualifies at this point. 

Plus, I consider anything retro to be something that is obsolete by the time. Does that make sense? 

Gameboy was the first Nintendo console I used and I didn't bother about them because I got more interested in play station and Xbox.

Up until earlier this year when I got the Nintendo switch OLED version which is way more cooler for the handheld video game console I have seen.

I actually abandoned GTA after the SA as I was more into God of war which is often the biggest rivalry of GTA in my neighborhood.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, Clasher said:

Gameboy was the first Nintendo console I used and I didn't bother about them because I got more interested in play station and Xbox.

Up until earlier this year when I got the Nintendo switch OLED version which is way more cooler for the handheld video game console I have seen.

I actually abandoned GTA after the SA as I was more into God of war which is often the biggest rivalry of GTA in my neighborhood.

There's been some chatters that GTA 6 isn't going to meet the expectations we have on it and I hope that's doesn't come to be so because should that happen, it's going to be a big loss on Rockstar's part because with GTA 5 still making them a lot of money and GTA 6 dropped to be a let down, it's going to affect their sales.