Register Now
Kane99

They really should make more games where you're an animal like Stray

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

A remake of Stray? It's going to take a very long time before we see that happen or even if it happens at all. 

It might not take as long as you imagine it to be, I think the developers would want to bank on the relative success of the game and could release a sequel or remake just to spike curiosity as to what the new game would come with.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

It might not take as long as you imagine it to be, I think the developers would want to bank on the relative success of the game and could release a sequel or remake just to spike curiosity as to what the new game would come with.

Developers don't jump into game's remake immediately because, they would still want to milk the initial release good enough before thinking of making a remake. And that's maybe when they think it's no longer selling well, so a remake would repush gamers back into buying it again. Take a look at how long it's taking to do another remake of The Last Of Us first release. So, the same thing is relatively going to happen with Stray. 

37 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Developers don't jump into game's remake immediately because, they would still want to milk the initial release good enough before thinking of making a remake. And that's maybe when they think it's no longer selling well, so a remake would repush gamers back into buying it again. Take a look at how long it's taking to do another remake of The Last Of Us first release. So, the same thing is relatively going to happen with Stray. 

They didn't do a remake of the first last of us because they already have a sequel out which was the last of us part 2 and if there was a the last of us part 3 in the making they wouldn't have considered making a remake now.

Initially I stated that they could be a sequel or a remake depending on what they think would suit the market.

A remake would come if only there wouldn't be a sequel coming out soon.

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

They didn't do a remake of the first last of us because they already have a sequel out which was the last of us part 2 and if there was a the last of us part 3 in the making they wouldn't have considered making a remake now.

Initially I stated that they could be a sequel or a remake depending on what they think would suit the market.

A remake would come if only there wouldn't be a sequel coming out soon.

You have a point anyways but whether it's a Sequel or a Remake, Stray just came out, so it's out of place for them to have any ideas on anything for the game now. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You have a point anyways but whether it's a Sequel or a Remake, Stray just came out, so it's out of place for them to have any ideas on anything for the game now. 

I know but my point is , there is more that could be added to this game and even if these could be the only stray to be released other game developers who want to make a game like this would be more experienced as to what could be brought into it to spice things up and make it more challenging.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know but my point is , there is more that could be added to this game and even if these could be the only stray to be released other game developers who want to make a game like this would be more experienced as to what could be brought into it to spice things up and make it more challenging.

Yeah, there is a lot they could do with a sequel. I think with stray in terms of it's gameplay, is made that way to make the game more accessible to more gamers. I think a sequel could add a lot more, but I hope they don't change too much about the controls, as that's where the accessibility comes from. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, there is a lot they could do with a sequel. I think with stray in terms of it's gameplay, is made that way to make the game more accessible to more gamers. I think a sequel could add a lot more, but I hope they don't change too much about the controls, as that's where the accessibility comes from. 

I would have to play it first and experience what the game's controls is like before I would categorically desire for them to do anything about its control or leave it alone. My my experience with some games, too much drastic changes in what a game use to be as long as it's not a failure doesn't do well for its survival. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel same way too.

Do you think a sequel would come anytime soon, I believe the developers had intentions to make this game a one time release.

Though we can't predict , I believe by 2023 we would know what would happen to stray next.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I feel same way too.

Do you think a sequel would come anytime soon, I believe the developers had intentions to make this game a one time release.

Though we can't predict , I believe by 2023 we would know what would happen to stray next.

There's an article on Gamerant which supports the speculation of Stray getting a sequel based on how the game ended. It leaves more room for bigger expectations and exploration into the cats adventure to reunite with its family. 

https://gamerant.com/stray-perfect-sequel-set-up-cat-b-12/

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There's an article on Gamerant which supports the speculation of Stray getting a sequel based on how the game ended. It leaves more room for bigger expectations and exploration into the cats adventure to reunite with its family. 

https://gamerant.com/stray-perfect-sequel-set-up-cat-b-12/

This sounds really promising, I haven't gotten a good read of the article but I was able to pick up that the game ended in a rather unsatisfying way (hypothetically) and there is room for something more to be made out of it.

Let's see how it goes and I am Particularly Interested in the future of this video game.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

This sounds really promising, I haven't gotten a good read of the article but I was able to pick up that the game ended in a rather unsatisfying way (hypothetically) and there is room for something more to be made out of it.

Let's see how it goes and I am Particularly Interested in the future of this video game.

Yeah exactly!! Based off on how the game ended, it's definitely not going to be the last of its release. More contents are expected to be developed for the game which would ensure it to meet the protagonist objective in the game. If that's not meet, the game will always be incomplete. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly!! Based off on how the game ended, it's definitely not going to be the last of its release. More contents are expected to be developed for the game which would ensure it to meet the protagonist objective in the game. If that's not meet, the game will always be incomplete. 

I know you still haven't considered playing this game but you sound genuinely interested in stray, why are still skeptical about purchasing and having a more personal experience of what the game is like?

I forgot about Cattails, the developer send me a code of it on switch because i backed their kickstarter campaign. You obviously play as a cat but you can get married aswell, it may be worth checking out if you like harvest moon/story of seasons and stardew valley. I probably should play it myself first before suggesting a game but you know it's got good reviews everywhere and there is a sequel coming in the near future aswell :

Edited by Yaramaki

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know you still haven't considered playing this game but you sound genuinely interested in stray, why are still skeptical about purchasing and having a more personal experience of what the game is like?

If I say that I haven't considered playing the game, I'm lying big time. I have considered it and I'm very much interested in it. But the only cog in the wheels for me right now is pay for that amount for it. I think that I have mentioned it somewhere in the past. I will definitely get it but I'd be willing to wait for the price to come down.