Register Now
Kane99

They really should make more games where you're an animal like Stray

On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 PM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

If you're making the argument for the long term continuation of games like Earthworm Jim and Banjo-Kazooie, I am IN! I wouldn't mind seeing yearly releases for Earthworm Jim and bi-yearly releases for BK.

Not sure what this has to do with the topic.

And I think we need to get away from the yearly releases, if anything it has hurt games like COD, Assassin's Creed, Madden and more. It would probably hurt those franchises more than help them.

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not sure what this has to do with the topic.

And I think we need to get away from the yearly releases, if anything it has hurt games like COD, Assassin's Creed, Madden and more. It would probably hurt those franchises more than help them.

Dude, your topic stated that "they really should make more games where you're an animal like Stray", and I agreed with you basically citing exact video games that have animal leads such as Earthworm Jim (worm) and Banjo-Kazooie (Bear/Bird). That is what it has to do with the topic, dude.

4 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Dude, your topic stated that "they really should make more games where you're an animal like Stray", and I agreed with you basically citing exact video games that have animal leads such as Earthworm Jim (worm) and Banjo-Kazooie (Bear/Bird). That is what it has to do with the topic, dude.

I didn't understand why you mentioned this: 

"If you're making the argument for the long term continuation"

Thats all. Just didn't make sense in the context of the topic. Not trying to argue or anything. 

But yeah I second more games of banjo and earthworm jim, but definitely not yearly or even bi-yearly. I think that would hurt both series rather than help it. 

2 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

LOL! This is cute. I read this may come to the Switch soon, too.

This an option, similar to what we have in Stray video game where an animal is the main protagonist. 

- 8 Sonic Mania

- Crash Bandicoot 2:

These are two notable animal protagonist games I know which are similar to what we have in Stray. 

3 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

If it comes to Switch and sold for a fair price, I'd be interested in playing it. I'm sure that it's going to be something similar to Stray. It's the price of Stray that's still keeping me from getting and playing the game till now. 

43 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

This an option, similar to what we have in Stray video game where an animal is the main protagonist. 

- 8 Sonic Mania

- Crash Bandicoot 2:

These are two notable animal protagonist games I know which are similar to what we have in Stray. 

I've played Crash Bandicoot before. That gameplay doesn't look like that to me.

14 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I didn't understand why you mentioned this: 

"If you're making the argument for the long term continuation"

Thats all. Just didn't make sense in the context of the topic. Not trying to argue or anything. 

But yeah I second more games of banjo and earthworm jim, but definitely not yearly or even bi-yearly. I think that would hurt both series rather than help it. 

Reading both of you guys comments where one's trying to defend his assessment is always making my day 😂. You guys should never stop 😂

Anyways, Earthworm Jim is a very good one of such games to list up. I can't believe that I forgot the game!! 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Reading both of you guys comments where one's trying to defend his assessment is always making my day 😂. You guys should never stop 😂

Let's not encourage a flame war. Neither parties particularly want to argue, and that's for the best.

~

What more games can we talk about? I'm trying not to just list anthropomorphic characters because that's too easy. We can go through animal mascots all day long, and I don't consider many mentions here - even if they are fine games in their own right - to be "like Stray." What are some games where one simulates an animal, even to a comical extent such as Dog's Life or Goat Simulator, or to fantastical sense of Okami?

One game that comes to mind is Mort the Chicken on Playstation One, a game where you go around floating islands freeing chicks from the wrath of alien gelatanous cubes. But it has the feel of being a chicken I guess...?

Biomutant could be another answer for this thread, i've already given a few good examples so far but like does anybody really cares and to be honest we have had enough threads about stray already, here is another one that's 4 pages long .

Also another one worth mentioning is Chicken run while a movie tie in game is a suprisingly fun stealth based 3D platform. I picked up a copy on dreamcast on a shady flea market a few years after it's release and to me suprise i played it all the way trough.

If it was my doing i'd lock this thread before things are getting out of hand but since i'd like to be proven wrong let's give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

I don't know if anyone have mentioned Seasons After Fall? It's a game where you play as a fox - a great puzzle platformer which was influenced by Ori and The Blind Forest. In playing as a fox, you have the power to change seasons, solve puzzles and explore the enchanted forest. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:19 AM, runswithspatulas said:

I made a comment about the graphics of this Game on some other thread about stray and this video just proves how well Crafted and realistic the vegetation and the world In general of this game Looks.

so i have a question...

there's a possibility this game could come to the switch. does the cat have dangers to get away from that might be a little scary for the player? or that might make someone's anxiety worse? i'm asking because as i'm aging i've been having some health issues and i'm trying to find games that won't bother me. i finally had to dump my shooter games.

7 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

so i have a question...

there's a possibility this game could come to the switch. does the cat have dangers to get away from that might be a little scary for the player? or that might make someone's anxiety worse? i'm asking because as i'm aging i've been having some health issues and i'm trying to find games that won't bother me. i finally had to dump my shooter games.

For now, there's no plans on getting the game to Switch. I'm not sure if it's something that's going to happen anytime soon. I haven't played the game to know fully well if it's something that's going to bother you psychologically wise. Maybe be watching a playthrough would be a good way to know.