Register Now
DC

Best Xbox Survival Games?

Survival games combine the fun of exploring open worlds with the rigors of surviving hostile settings. In games that are in this genre, players need to search for resources, craft equipment, fight their enemies, and take care of basic needs like shelter, food, water and sleep.

Some of the best Xbox survival games according to many gamers include Minecraft, The Long Dark, Subnautica, ARK: Survival Evolved, This War of Mine, Conan Exiles, Surviving Mars, Don’t Starve, Frostpunk, and others. Some survival games have specific objectives. Others are completely open-ended, and it is up to you what you want to focus on. There are also games that are not survival games on their own, but include survival modes. An example is Fallout 4. Activating the survival mode in a game where it is optional adds more urgency and realism to gameplay (though also more pressure).

What in your opinion is the best Xbox survival game you have played, whether on the current gen or a previous gen? Also, what do you look for in a survival game? What features make for the best Xbox survival game? Which could you live without?

State of decay is good. Sometimes I go days, weeks without seeing another player when I solo. I play high pop pvp servers as I like the anxiety of potentially running into someone at any moment. DayZ is great fun, it does have some toxic players, but some great ones also.

If you're the kind of gamer that enjoys deep water survival games, then I would highly recommend playing Subnautica: Below Zero on Xbox Series X.

One thing that makes it so good is the level of challenge and dangers you have to face in order to survive. The deeper you dive, the more dangerous it gets for you to survive with the monsters you have to face. 

I would say state of decay, but I had issues with the second one I think it was, where I encountered a game breaking glitch so I just stopped playing. I remember the second game being a buggy mess at times and I turn it turned me away. 

As for another, I hear grounded is really good and my friends have been trying to get me to check it out too.