Register Now
harleyqbx

What game broke you of completing all side quests?

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

😅 You would be stuck in one spot over and over again and you wouldn't want to move on if you haven't completed that mission.

The controls were some of the hardest to get used to. And I don't understand why, especially since we had the Dualshock controller for the PS2, so I don't get why they made it so impossible to get the mission done. I hope GTA never does RC missions again, then again, I think they've figured out how to properly develop a game that controls well, but who knows. Maybe they will make us play another tough RC mission in the next GTA. Goodness, I hope not. 

I've got one more for the list. In Dragon Quest Builders 1, there's a hidden quest, a monster in the final chapter that you can invite to Tantegel. Official guides say it can be found in one of the caves of the swampy region. Brush up against the wall, and a speech bubble will appear. Break that wall, and you'll meet Androo the Drohl. But it wasn't there. More research said it could actually be in any cave in either mountain range on the island. So, like a dummy I searched all the caves, multiple times, for more hours than was worth it. In frustration, I whipped out my magic cannon and started unleashing my wrath upon the mountain ranges. It turns out that Androo was actually in the mountain almost straight ahead of the red teleportal you arrive through, but the game had generated that cave with no entrance at all. Deeply frustrating and a waste of time. So, if you can't find Androo on the first sweep of the caves, know that the game can generate caves with no entrance and maybe try what I did.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:32 PM, Kane99 said:

The controls were some of the hardest to get used to. And I don't understand why, especially since we had the Dualshock controller for the PS2, so I don't get why they made it so impossible to get the mission done. I hope GTA never does RC missions again, then again, I think they've figured out how to properly develop a game that controls well, but who knows. Maybe they will make us play another tough RC mission in the next GTA. Goodness, I hope not. 

I saw a guy who was very bitter in one gaming forum about the RC mission. He was so pissed about it that he was of the opinion that he wouldn't play the new GTA 6 game if they have the RC mission in it. 

Too many to name. I hate pointless side quests that give you a virtual medal for beating some annoying race that you need good reflexes to get the gold... and my reflexes suck. I almost never finish any Spider-Man games in 100% completion because of this (aside from maybe Shattered Dimensions because that game was smaller and more fun), and I'm a huge Spider-Man fan too, so it's a great shame.

Usually, if a game doesn't interest me enough with its story and universe, I have no emotional investment in it, and therefore, I won't bother completing it, especially not for some digital medal nobody's gonna see.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, Kane99 said:

Back in the day, it was probably GTA IV, as I never bothered to kill all the pigeons. I think it was pigeons, it's been so long, I can't remember. But ever since that, I kinda calmed it down on collecting everything. Some other games I did complete 100% by collecting stuff, but I soon lost interest with the repetitiveness of doing that. I think AC: Black Flag was the last time I collected everything, actually scratch that, it was one of the Just Cause games, maybe 3 or 4. 

I still haven't completed that pigeons thing in GTA IV - I was way too busy being a terrorist in-game lol.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, Akun said:

Too many to name. I hate pointless side quests that give you a virtual medal for beating some annoying race that you need good reflexes to get the gold... and my reflexes suck.

Generally, I simply skip those kind of side quests because I know very well that they don't add any much value to the game or even reward me enough for my time spent on playing it. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Generally, I simply skip those kind of side quests because I know very well that they don't add any much value to the game or even reward me enough for my time spent on playing it. 

Yeah, but with certain games like Spider-Man, they're usually related to plot elements, like Johnny Storm showing up or something.

11 hours ago, Akun said:

Yeah, but with certain games like Spider-Man, they're usually related to plot elements, like Johnny Storm showing up or something.

It's only skipping such wouldn't be the best way to forward in progressing on the game that I would forced through the pain and frustration of playing it. 

we had daily and weekly side quests on fortnite but i finally gave up trying to do them because i couldn't just go do them. i spent too much time trying to not get shot and then i'd either die or storm was on me so no quests accomplished. someone told me to try it in team rumble which was a ridiculous idea. i finally gave up.

15 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

we had daily and weekly side quests on fortnite but i finally gave up trying to do them because i couldn't just go do them. i spent too much time trying to not get shot and then i'd either die or storm was on me so no quests accomplished. someone told me to try it in team rumble which was a ridiculous idea. i finally gave up.

I had same challenges playing Fortnite and they can be very frustrating to be very honest. I can't talk about the storm enough - it's purely crazy 🤪. I haven't played Fortnite in a while now. 

RDR2. There's the trapper requests, and I can't do it. The reason why, is because for a few articles of clothing that he can make, it requires rats. One hat requires ten rat pelts, and another requires a single rat pelt. I will never harm or kill a rat. They are sacred animals to me, so I no longer try to complete all side quests. I complete as much and as many as I can. But there's a limit to what I will do.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2. There's the trapper requests, and I can't do it. The reason why, is because for a few articles of clothing that he can make, it requires rats. One hat requires ten rat pelts, and another requires a single rat pelt. I will never harm or kill a rat. They are sacred animals to me, so I no longer try to complete all side quests. I complete as much and as many as I can. But there's a limit to what I will do.

Your life history with rats will certainly make it impossible for you to harm them. Some people wouldn't understand that kind of psychological connection until they have been in that kind of situation. It's the same way with me when it comes to killing dogs in games. It was one of challenges I had with playing The Last Of Us Part II with the killing of Alice. 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Justin11 said:

Even if some games are easy for me to run down and complete all levels/chapters, I can't still figure out that time to play to the end due to my busy schedule at the moment. 

But the games I've found so hard to progress nor enjoy my time playing are as follows; 

- Dark souls III 

- Cuphead

- Contra IV 

- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

- Ninja Gaiden

Cuphead and Ninja Gaiden was frustrating to say the least. I did everything to progress on the side side conquests, but I wasn't successful and that made me abandon the game.

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Cuphead and Ninja Gaiden was frustrating to say the least. I did everything to progress on the side side conquests, but I wasn't successful and that made me abandon the game.

There was a gamer I read on one article where it mentioned that it took him 2 years and over 300 hours to complete playing Seriko : Shadow Die Twice. It's a game that's know very well to be very difficult and even its side quests will definitely break you down no matter how good you are.