Register Now
Kane99

Saber Interactive now making a Star Wars KOTOR Remake

According to this article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/08/22/star-wars-kotor-remake-developed-saber-interactive/?fbclid=IwAR2wNHC8xSSD5us_TkKkcWcxXuBhpvGspx-foZOcNTsAP0YLH504_0sZ5WA 

It is being said that Saber Interactive is now making the Star Wars KOTOR Remake. Aspyr media was making it with help from Saber, but now it looks like Saber will be taking the full brunt of it all themselves. 

Does this worry you at all? Or do you think Saber Interactive will a great job? 

The secrecy about it, and indeed most of the industry in 2022, is the most worrying part for me. As Jim Stephanie Sterling said years ago, "Don't just sit on your secret eggs like some sort of mystery chicken. You're not a mystery chicken. You're not the NSA. You're not spies. You're f**king makers and providers of video games."

Honestly I just want to know if the D20 system for combat. It's doubtful and quite frankly it doesn't guarantee them my purchase, as if that's anything of importance. The less I know the less optimistic I am, and I'm not sure I'd feel much better knowing the full history of the game's progress.

It's a remake of an existing game based on a property everybody knows. Why is this game's development so closely guarded, again?

It's never a good thing when two companies working on a project and suddenly one of them pulls out of it. There's definitely something going on that's likely to affect the project. But I would love to see Saber Interactive pull it off and develop something decent with the remake. 

Eh, KOTOR really isn't that massive or complex. The story and the amount of dialogue were big for the time, but they aren't that big now. The maps aren't that big, the combat system isn't that complex, the number of unique enemies, items, and weapons is pretty small compared to most modern RPGs.

I hope they add and modernize a lot of things, but on its face a remake of KOTOR isn't really that daunting of a task.

Do you guys think that Saber Interactive will be fine to make KOTOR? It sounds like the two were working together and it sounds like a lot is already done, so maybe there's not much left for them to take on and it'll end up being an easy move on their part. 

But who knows, maybe this is a bad thing. 

Sounds like they had a disagreement in directions and one company went their way. I'd wager that this could be a bad sign but we have to see how the game turns out first or at least some gameplay footage before we can make any conclusions about if this will be a success or flop.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sounds like they had a disagreement in directions and one company went their way. I'd wager that this could be a bad sign but we have to see how the game turns out first or at least some gameplay footage before we can make any conclusions about if this will be a success or flop.

It's never a good sign at all. Once there's a game project going and one company decides to pull out, it's a red flag that all isn't well. 

If they had pulled out after the game KOTOR have been completed and released, there wouldn't be any cause for alarm. 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:28 PM, Kane99 said:

Do you guys think that Saber Interactive will be fine to make KOTOR? It sounds like the two were working together and it sounds like a lot is already done, so maybe there's not much left for them to take on and it'll end up being an easy move on their part. 

But who knows, maybe this is a bad thing. 

They are capable in my opinion they have worked on a number of interesting series like halo , the witcher they were also on crysis and evil dead.

Judging from their past performances they are more than capable to develop this game on their own.

Also we shouldn't forget that the game looks to be mostly done. They will probably just need to do some polishing and fixing and they will probably release this on time. Though I'm never opposed to a short delay if they need it. 

45 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Also we shouldn't forget that the game looks to be mostly done. They will probably just need to do some polishing and fixing and they will probably release this on time. Though I'm never opposed to a short delay if they need it. 

If you have confirmation that the game's development is almost at the finish line of its making, then the companies parting ways wouldn't pose much challenges to the game. Unless there might be a big issue with the game after its released. Maybe bugs/glitches issues that might make it unplayable which would require the assistance of the other company to fix it properly, then there's a big problem.