Register Now
StaceyPowers

Side quests that felt like they belonged in main quests?

Oh god I don't know. I imagine there are a lot of side missions I'd like to see as part of the main game. For RDR2 for example, some of the strangers have multiple missions, and I kinda wish they included the stranges in more of the main missions. But it's still cool either way. 

With Skyrim, I remember there being a lot of fun side quests, and I could see many of which being a part of the main story. I couldn't tell you what missions as I haven't played Skyrim in like 5 years now, or probably longer. 

I like games where there isn't really that delineation between side and main quests. For example, quests are clustered around areas and each cluster tells intertwined stories about that area. There might be some overarching quests that span different areas but they are more of adventures or achievements versus a main plot you follow. MUDs have some great concepts that need to be rediscovered.

In Horizon Zero Dawn, you want to do the side missions as it can and does unlock character interactions in the main game. There are also side quests like reaching Prince Itanam, Ersa's fate and The Nora's revenge that are a part of the main story as far as I'm concerned.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:04 AM, Kane99 said:

Oh god I don't know. I imagine there are a lot of side missions I'd like to see as part of the main game. For RDR2 for example, some of the strangers have multiple missions, and I kinda wish they included the stranges in more of the main missions. But it's still cool either way. 

With Skyrim, I remember there being a lot of fun side quests, and I could see many of which being a part of the main story. I couldn't tell you what missions as I haven't played Skyrim in like 5 years now, or probably longer. 

Some strangers usually have a couple of Missions that are often quite interesting to see it unfold and that could also be a good addition to the main quest or story but as you said it's still okay that way atleast they still form part of the video game.