Register Now
Kane99

The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me

Any fans of the Dark Pictures Anthology? It's from the creates of  Until Dawn, The Quarry and the other Dark Picture Anthology games; Man of Medan, Little Hope, and House of Ashes. This one looks pretty cool. It's like an escape room game. Also it was announced at Gamescom, but I don't remember seeing the trailer. Check it out below. It drops this November. 🙂 

Concerned with the “online shared story” part. I’ve played every Dark Pictures game online co-op with a friend, where we each control different characters at the same time. The Quarry got rid of that and switched to “shared story”, which is just watching the host play and voting on key decisions. It’s way less interactive and fun.

I have Man Of Medan, Little Hope, and House of Ashes. They're great games. Man Of Medan is the one I've played the most, but DPA is an awesome series. I highly recommend it to everyone. Devil In Me looks flat out awesome, so I'm definitely going to be buying it. Anyone wanting a game where every single tiny detail affects the future events should get Man Of Medan. But don't stop there. I'm sure everyone will love them.

Due to how much I was interested in until Dawn and the quarry and how delicately the developers paid close attention to this survival and horror video games it is only normal for me to get curious about what this new game is going to be like.

Although I don't know much about it asides the trailer I am seeing i would check out for more details and hopefully purchase it when it's officially released.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:21 AM, Empire said:

Concerned with the “online shared story” part. I’ve played every Dark Pictures game online co-op with a friend, where we each control different characters at the same time. The Quarry got rid of that and switched to “shared story”, which is just watching the host play and voting on key decisions. It’s way less interactive and fun.

Isn't that just information about what you and your friends did differently? I think telltale had something similar where it would tell you how many people did this versus this, and so on. Can you explain it a bit more? When I heard it I thought the shared story part is similar to what I said about telltale, in that it tracks what you and others do. 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:52 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have Man Of Medan, Little Hope, and House of Ashes. They're great games. Man Of Medan is the one I've played the most, but DPA is an awesome series. I highly recommend it to everyone. Devil In Me looks flat out awesome, so I'm definitely going to be buying it. Anyone wanting a game where every single tiny detail affects the future events should get Man Of Medan. But don't stop there. I'm sure everyone will love them.

I've been meaning to check it out. Maybe when this drops, I'll pick up the others and play them one by one finally. Plus I like that they have real actors, so it kinda feels like a game/movie mixture. Also, this DPA is the first season, so I wonder what they will have up their sleeves for the next set of games. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

After watching the trailer again, I'm just wondering:

Does anyone else get Outlast vibes?

I got it from the trailer cover art, but not as much from the trailer itself. It reminds me more of an escape room game mixed with outlast maybe. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

After watching the trailer again, I'm just wondering:

Does anyone else get Outlast vibes?

I was actually getting more of an "Until Dawn" feel from it, but I can see what where you're coming from.

This video game is going to be out on the 18th of this month is anyone excited about it because I am and I really want to have a feel of it.

The game itself looks like something from a mind bugging horror movie but in this case you are in control of the characters.

I picked it up yesterday, (12-31-2022) but it was late and I was exhausted, so I didn't get to play it. If all goes well, I'm planning on playing it today sometime. I'll post a thread that's more about the gameplay and give a review of my impressions of it. I just hope it was worth the money.