Register Now
DC

Games where you can’t barge into peoples’ houses

In a lot of games, you can just barge into peoples’ houses and yards and they don’t get mad about it (or at least not too mad too fast). What are some games where there are instant consequences for barging into regular NPCs’ homes or yards?

I actually have a great love for games when they do this. You walk in, take what you want and nobody seams to care, it's funny to me. Bethesda being Bethesda always do this hilariously well. The NPCs either ignore you almost completely or they confront you immediately with no weapons or means to defend themselves telling you to get out before they inevitably get themselves annihilated by you're fully armed and armoured self.

In RDR2 NPCs will freak out when you enter their homes, at least if you're within eyesight of them. I know if you enter some homes while people are in them, they'll jump up as if you scared them and react accordingly. As well, if there are a couple people in the house and you kill one and leave. Then, come back to the same location the living person will comment about what you did. 

I remember in Skyrim if you stole an item in front of someone while in their house, they'll freak out on you. But if you walk around and do nothing, I don't think they comment about you being there. Though I may be wrong since it's been a long time since I played Skyrim. 

3 minutes ago, Empire said:

Oblivion was pretty good about this. I recall there being a lot of interiors you could never legally enter. But could be broken into.

I haven't quite played Oblivion but I have heard a lot about it and I like the idea of restrictions so you could decide to break into the area or just walk past it if the level requires.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Skyrim is also like this - unless you're invited via a mission or you pickpocket their key or pick the lock to their house, you can't just barge into their house.

Are you allowed to pickpocket and loot NPC'S in Skyrim?

I haven't played Skyrim though and this is just a reminder of how many Games I am still yet to play.😵

One game I know that you can now barge into homes but being the game it is, you don't get caught for it is Fortnite, this is a more recent feature added to Fortnite but the movement is so cool when done. Red Dead Redemption I know there were consequences when you barged into someones home. When I think about it, I am honestly shocked at how many games don't have this feature at all, would definitely add to a game to have consequences for barging into a home.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:03 PM, Shortie said:

One game I know that you can now barge into homes but being the game it is, you don't get caught for it is Fortnite, this is a more recent feature added to Fortnite but the movement is so cool when done. Red Dead Redemption I know there were consequences when you barged into someones home. When I think about it, I am honestly shocked at how many games don't have this feature at all, would definitely add to a game to have consequences for barging into a home.

Not a lot of open world and includes this feature, I Know GTA has this feature too but the only consequences was that you could barge into a house and get ambushed or shot by the residents.