Register Now
Techno

Clans

I've always had great experiences with clans. But I always join clans or guilds that are there for fun. I remember playing Guild Wars and joining a Kurzick guild. It was great, we all became buds and stayed up late doing farming runs. We'd play Alliance Battles daily and it was fun. But I stopped playing and so did my clan.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree with @Kane99, Clans are pretty awesome. I used to be part of one back in the day as well - we went by the name Phoenix Force.

That's a cool clan name! 🙂 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Are you referring to the 1999 video game called clans developed by computerhouse and I do recall it's a single player video game as opposed to what @Kane99 said.

No, he's referring to clans as in groups of players who game together on a team or together in person. It's not the game Clans. Think of clans as a team of gamers. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I've always had great experiences with clans. But I always join clans or guilds that are there for fun. I remember playing Guild Wars and joining a Kurzick guild. It was great, we all became buds and stayed up late doing farming runs. We'd play Alliance Battles daily and it was fun. But I stopped playing and so did my clan.

I'm not one to join clans. I prefer to start one, or only join my close friends in one. Or my work buddies, but other than that, I don't touch most clans, as I don't like venturing into a new group of people. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's a cool clan name! 🙂 

Thanks - We just came up with it for playing COD and a few other games on the Xbox 360.

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm not one to join clans. I prefer to start one, or only join my close friends in one. Or my work buddies, but other than that, I don't touch most clans, as I don't like venturing into a new group of people. 

My issue with joining most clans is I don't typically like drama and childish behavior especially when it's over a game. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

No, he's referring to clans as in groups of players who game together on a team or together in person. It's not the game Clans. Think of clans as a team of gamers. 

Just like when you group up with a friends to form a team on COD.

I have done that for COD in the past and it was fun though at some point the team was dispersed and we haven't played together in a while.

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Just like when you group up with a friends to form a team on COD.

I have done that for COD in the past and it was fun though at some point the team was dispersed and we haven't played together in a while.

Yeah but you have an official name and it's not just a team for a particular game, it's for any games you all play together.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:02 PM, Kane99 said:

starting one can be just hard work at times, I mean I have started or try and get one going but then it was not fun for me. I used to run or at least help with a clan but ended up working on things for the clan then playing 😛

9 hours ago, Empire said:

starting one can be just hard work at times, I mean I have started or try and get one going but then it was not fun for me. I used to run or at least help with a clan but ended up working on things for the clan then playing 😛

It's not so much the starting of one, rather the acquiring members is the bigger issue. I started my clan by myself, so really you only need one person to start it, and then you can go on recruiting members to your clan. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:36 PM, killamch89 said:

My issue with joining most clans is I don't typically like drama and childish behavior especially when it's over a game. 

That's fair. I can't stand that with some clans and communities. Especially if they start to fight among members. it's just not fun. For me I like to have a small group in my clan, just because I don't like too many people in anyway. So it's just my friends and family for the most part. 

If you can get a group of friends who all get on and you all enjoy gaming together on a regular basis, then that is a great way to be able to start out a clan. I myself used to co-own a clan with a friend and we had a group of friends that we gamed with that were part of the clan. We had a ton of fun playing on a nightly basis and found it was quite chill to run the clan with the friend I was running it with. I also a few years ago used to own another clan with my other half but due to everyone moving away from gaming and into work or other things IRL the clan soon died off. I would definitely create another clan in a heartbeat though if I had the right friends to hang with who wanted to be part of the clan. 

17 hours ago, Shortie said:

If you can get a group of friends who all get on and you all enjoy gaming together on a regular basis, then that is a great way to be able to start out a clan. I myself used to co-own a clan with a friend and we had a group of friends that we gamed with that were part of the clan. We had a ton of fun playing on a nightly basis and found it was quite chill to run the clan with the friend I was running it with. I also a few years ago used to own another clan with my other half but due to everyone moving away from gaming and into work or other things IRL the clan soon died off. I would definitely create another clan in a heartbeat though if I had the right friends to hang with who wanted to be part of the clan. 

If you have a group of friends that is equally Interested in a particular video game forming a clan would be a lot more easier.

I haven't thought about starting a clan because my friends who are game lovers like me are all Interested In genre of games and we don't really have a common interests when it comes to the kind of video games we like to play.