Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there an “ideal” number of hours for an open world game?

I feel with open world games there is never any ideal number of hours in which there is completion as everyone plays these kinds of games differently and for one person it could take a lot less or a lot longer than another person. With open world games I feel they should be enjoyed, and you should take your time with them, and each open world game is different in so many ways, there is always so much to explore and do and I feel if you spend too little time on them, you miss so much. Unless your intention is to speed run through and open world then I really don't think there is an ideal time, and it will always vary.

I don't think there is even an ideal Length of time for any video game , but there is a certain length of time that could be given to a game which would make the gameplay feel short an incomplete.

Either ways game shouldn't be given a really small time Length it should either be lengthy or moderate.

I wish for most open world games to be never ending. I feel like a lot of open world games would benefit from having constant missions/quests. Kinda like the amount you see in Skyrim for example. If you can give me that much time in an open world, I'll be happy. 

On 11/27/2022 at 1:34 AM, Kane99 said:

wish for most open world games to be never ending

If it doesn't end then gamers could play a single game for ever and there would be no need for other games, I wouldn't want that though when I could just play whichever game I want without just playing a single game for long periods.