Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much are you willing to pay for remasters and remakes?

Depends on the game and how long it was before they got a remaster/remake. If it's an older game, I'm more accepting to a higher price, because I think it's fine to remake something that's 10+ years old. But when it was just released a couple years ago, and they're trying to get full price on a simple re-skin, then nah. 

I think most remasters should go for around $30. If it's just a re-skin especially. But if it's a remake of a game, I could say maybe $50-$60 or so. At this point we'll probably see it hit $70. But a remake makes sense to pay more since it's not the same game with a re-skin. They add more to it, update it, change the controls, character models, animations etc. That's when I can see reason to paying more than $30. 

For me it really depends on the game in question that has been remastered or remade, how much I enjoyed it after it was first released and whether I feel it would be worth purchasing it again. If it was a game I really enjoyed and I had already paid money for the first release I would love for it to be a free upgrade but unfortunately, I don't think any developers would offer and upgrade for free so if it really came down to it and I wanted to own a remaster or remake, I would wait until it had a price drop and try and get it for around $25 or less. 

It depends on a few things for me. First, how old was the original game? The Last of Us for example got a "remake" yet the original isn't even a decade old yet, so I wouldn't spend any money on that because to me it didn't need to be remade in the first place. Dead Space on the other hand will be worth $70 to me easily because it not only looks like a worthwhile remake, but it also adds in a ton of stuff the original didn't have so I'm not just playing the same game again but with better visuals since the entire experience has been overhauled.

Depends on the game and what publisher. If its a Nintendo game I wont wait that long. Same with Capcom and Square Enix who are known to not really give their games big discounts. But if its like a Ubisoft game which like goes more than half after a year and more the year after then sure even up to 80 percent if it would go that low