Register Now
The Blackangel

Procrastinate missions?

Do you procrastinate on certain missions in your games? If so is it just because you want to keep the game at a certain point? Do you just not enjoy the mission? Or is there some element you just hate?

I have a file in RDR2 that I plan on keeping in chapter 2. In order to do that, I'm leaving Micah's worthless ass in the Strawberry jail. Not only will I not have to deal with any of his bullshit, but everyone else will be happier too. After all, the only one that likes him is dumbass Dutch. I have no intentions of ever letting him out. I'll work on getting things into my compendium and stranger missions. If I need money, I'll just go hunting for perfect hides, which is a gold mine. For lets say two dozen perfect hides you can get $300 or more from the butcher in towns. Or if you prefer, the trapper.

So there's no intentions from me of getting to him and busting him out of jail.

Sometimes sure. I like to explore and see the world, so there are times where I'm in the middle of a mission and I go off to do something else. Whether it be GTA V, RDR2, or any other open world game, you'll usually find me mucking around in the world trying to find hidden things and to just explore. Also open the map for some games this way. 

But yeah, there are many games I've procrastinated in just because I felt like it. Sometimes I don't do a mission for days or weeks and I just mess around in the world. I do it a lot with open world games. 

Yes, I have been known to procrastinate especially on open world games that I play. I often find myself working on missions at one moment and then I will find myself getting lost in the open world just exploring everything, it's never done on purpose it's just something that happens and I end up just running around the open world checking everything out. 

Imagine being that guy, who puts in a quest and waits for someone to pick it up. Theres not alot of traffic, not since the ghouls took up residence in a nearby area, so we dont get many visitors. I did see a witcher come barreling through while his horse was on top of a house, and he was looking at my quest, but he has yet to come to me about the details of my missing pan.

All the time. I've not touched certain games because of mission procrastination lol. 😛 It's honestly probably the #1 reason my backlog is so big and I have so many unfinished games. 😛  The struggle is REAL.  It usually happens in more open-world titles, and that makes it worse because then I forget what I had to do when I do go back to them and end up starting over completely, it's a vicious, never-ending cycle.