Register Now
DC

Gym & Fitness

I workout as a habit. Winter I do more videos whereas the summer I count doing yardwork as part of my workout. I like to make it fun & spice it up. Some days I do more, other days I practice Self-Care & focus on simple walking & stretches. 

I used to go to the Gym many years ago for classes but I rather exercise in the comfort of my own home plus it's cheaper.

For those who go to the Gym, what machines do you like to use? Do you take classes as well?

On 2/19/2023 at 6:13 PM, Shortie said:

I used to do that when I was younger but not too much. Nowadays though if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to manage to much due to my health issues, having a hernia and also suffering fibromyalgia. I do try to stay active though by walking a lot. 

Everyone's exercise regimen should be what you can manage.

I workout 3 days a week for 1 hours each having 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting. Doing exercise is really important in keeping our body fit along with having proper diet. It's our body because of which we are able to work and earn a living. It's our duty to take care of it.

I don't regularly go to the gym. I was regularly paying for a Gym membership and visiting the local one to get some running in, to improve my stamina for a upcoming fitness test for my job. However, due to mitigating circumstances I ceased and desisted gym activities. It's harder to get going again, than it is to continue or keep up a certain level of fitness. This isn't to say I don't enjoy going out for the occasional walk, though. 

My schedule nowadays is:

15 minute doing a machine exercise to burn 100 calories

5 minute break

15 minute doing another machine exercise to burn 100 calories.

5 minute break

5 minutes on the Chest or Shoulder press(usually 7 sets, 7 reps)

5 minute break

5 minutes on the Leg press.

It would be ideal if I could squeeze some cardio in there but unfortunately my gym got rid of all the mats for some bizarre reason and my home is so cramped there's literally no space to do that unless I do it on the stairs.