Register Now
Shortie

Worst phone you ever owned?

We all have a time when we purchase a phone and it doesn't live up to expectations at all. It either isn't as good as it said it would be or you have nothing but issues with it right out of the box and regret making the purchase you did. 

I remember when I was younger, my Mum bought be an Alcatel phone and the phone was great but suddenly it started to turn itself off and wouldn't power back on. I never took it into the bathroom with me or had it near any water. When me and my Mum took it back and mentioned it they said they would send it in for repair. I was without a phone for about a week only for them to come back and say that we had damaged it as it was damp on the inside, they tried to accuse us of taking it in the bathroom and also having it near water which wasn't the case. We in the end got a refund and never went back to the store for a phone again and I have steered clear of Alcatel phones ever since. 

Have you ever had any issues with a phone you bought? What were they?

For me, probably the HTC Tilt. Which says a lot cuz I loved my HTC One M8. The Tilt, however, pre-dates that phone by about 6 years. I got it when I was still in high school and I was stuck with it for about 3 1/2 years,  It was Windows Mobile based, had a stylus you NEEDED to use, and the keyboard on it was garbage. All around a terrible device with awful battery life and it was CHUNKY to boot. 

On 12/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

I would say it was my old Nokia phone. It was such junk that I hated it. It was also a TracFone, which was even worse. But it was all I could afford at the time.

screen-shot-2018-02-26-at-19-48-31.jpg

I'll not have any slander on these generation of Nokia phones. I mean, they were very good self-defence weapons - if you brandished one of these, it'd scare away any criminals because these phones were as tough as rocks. I used to have one of these and dropped it all the time and I swear it kept breaking my floor tiles 🤣

Edited by killamch89

Yeah but there's always a lemon in everything. Like I said it was all I could afford. TracFone royally sucks, but it's the only thing I could find that was within my budget. Also, this phone was all but impossible to carry.

But that said, it was a hell of a lot easier for me to find in my purse than my iPhone.

Galaxy Note 1

Shitty battery, even for that time. Only 4GB partition for apps and their data, the phone kept telling me there's no space for apps even though I still had plenty of free space. TouchWiz. It was the reason I got into rooting and roms.

One of my older Samsung galaxy phones. I forget which one it was, but it came out in like 2017 or so and was a much smaller phone than the one I have now. It froze up a ton on me. My phone now is great, isn't super slow, and gets the job done. I can't complain. :)