Register Now
Smokey

Should CoD go back to Jetpacks?

Honestly, I think it's time. We've had 6 games in a row now with "Boots on the ground" and the last "Jetpack" game was in 2016 with Infinite Warfare. The way kids play MWII these days jumping and bunny hopping around corners like it's the jetpack era, makes me miss it and thinks we should get another game like Black Ops 3. Honestly, kinda getting bored w/ how CoD games are structured now and I would love to see them go back to the golden days of Black Ops 2 but I guess that's a pipe dream.

Not going to lie I would like to see jetpacks comes back once again, I did enjoy Black Ops 3 a lot with the mechanics they used and how new and different it was. What they did with Black Ops 3 worked and it made it a fun game. Yes you still had campers as you will in ever Call of Duty game but to be honest, it also meant more people were running around the map as well due to the jetpacks. 

I am 50/50 on this. I don't want it to be a main point of the game, but maybe add a game mode, where people can utilize stuff like wall running and jet packs. Let the main multiplayer be the traditional COD you know, and let there be game modes where you can add fun stuff like this. You got stuff like Prop Hunt and I'm sure they could implement modes for just using a jetpack and wall running. 

I just don't want it to be a main focus of the game. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, Kane99 said:

I am 50/50 on this. I don't want it to be a main point of the game, but maybe add a game mode, where people can utilize stuff like wall running and jet packs. Let the main multiplayer be the traditional COD you know, and let there be game modes where you can add fun stuff like this. You got stuff like Prop Hunt and I'm sure they could implement modes for just using a jetpack and wall running. 

I just don't want it to be a main focus of the game. 

This is a good way to balance it out. There does seem to be quite a split when it comes to jet packs and wall running between players of Call of Duty and if there was a choice between different playlists with jet packs and wall running and no jet packs and wall running that would be one way to combat the issue and give everyone something they wanted. 

On 2/25/2023 at 6:51 PM, Progrumz said:

Part of the reason that I stopped playing Call of Duty is because they got crazy with the amount of things they were adding to the gameplay. I liked the original Modern Warfare where it was a very simple game to play.

True for me as well. But I was also one of the fans that wanted COD to change after the series got stale. We got the change with all the futuristic shit, but fans turned on that pretty fast and we were back to wanting the original COD again. 

On 2/28/2023 at 2:15 AM, Kane99 said:

True for me as well. But I was also one of the fans that wanted COD to change after the series got stale. We got the change with all the futuristic shit, but fans turned on that pretty fast and we were back to wanting the original COD again. 

This is true. I do feel that with the COD community, the developers can never win and that is why COD is in the state it is in now. First they wanted it to stay how it was and then they wanted change, we got change with jetpacks but then they were not happy again and it got moved back and now I am not sure if the developers even know what they are doing anymore. 

They need to balance it out so that everyone is happy and so that it isn't a mess about for the players and the developers.