Register Now
Shortie

Do you still play World of Warcraft?

World of Warcraft has been a game that has been going for many years and still even now, to this day it is a very popular game played by many. I myself used to play it years ago but because I got so addicted to it, I ended up stopping playing and have resisted the urge to go back to it, even though many have tried to encourage me to do so. I also resist the urge due to the fee you have to pay to play it as well and with my current schedule, I am not sure I would play it enough to justify it. 

Do you still play World of Warcraft?

Ultima Online still exists. It is still being developed, and people still pay to play it. Similarly, WoW will still exist off the forever loyal crowd it has. But me, Not wllingly, but the fantasy rpg genre has nothing good in it currently, ESPECIALLY mmorpgs. I find myself occasioanly limping back to ye olde at-least-they-tried

I remember playing WoW years ago, back when they only gave you like a 72 hour free trial (before they changed it to the level cap now). It was a fun game, but I never had any friends who were deeply into it which you kind of need to do a lot of aspects (and the $10/mo was pricey back in the day compared to other game's membership costs that were/are $5/mo).

My buddy Matt has sucked me back into it.....I'm below level 20 on my current character so I can play for free for a bit. I played a little bit this morning before they did maintenance and I was promptly disconnected 😛 Might try to play more tomorrow or later tonight, we'll see 🙂

I've never actually played WoW before. I always put it off because my friends made fun of it, or I always thought it would make me look bad if I played it. Blame it on the dumb crowd I hung out with. 

Either way, I think I never bothered to play it, because I knew it would be too much for me. Much like other games in the genre, I'm not good with it. Plus I felt like I would need to ask for a lot of help online, and I don't like asking other gamers for help haha. Weird I know. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:26 PM, Kane99 said:

I've never actually played WoW before. I always put it off because my friends made fun of it, or I always thought it would make me look bad if I played it. Blame it on the dumb crowd I hung out with. 

Either way, I think I never bothered to play it, because I knew it would be too much for me. Much like other games in the genre, I'm not good with it. Plus I felt like I would need to ask for a lot of help online, and I don't like asking other gamers for help haha. Weird I know. 

Nah - it's a huge cashgrab nowadays so I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near it. They always release powerful classes only to nerf them so that people will spend on the new classes that are going to be released.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:26 PM, Kane99 said:

That is fully understandable that you would feel that way. I too sometimes feel that way about playing new games that I will be made fun of for it if I don't know how to play or what I am doing. I think because so many people judge before knowing you and that you are new to the game, it will always be something that is in the back of your mind. 

I try to think past all that and think to myself, if I am having fun whilst learning then I should just play. It's difficult to get past the mind set though.