Register Now
The Blackangel

What game(s) do you not want to see on Switch?

The Switch being small and portable, what is a game you would never want on it?

My choice should be pretty obvious. I would never want to see RDR2. The game would lose so much being on the Switch. Just look at Skyrim and Witcher 3. Both games are so much better on bigger systems (including PC). The Switch may be an amazing system, but it doesn’t have near the capabilities of a PS5 or Series X/S.

The Switch is so small physically that it couldn’t hold the same components as the other options.

So what’s your choice?

They really should bother trying to port brand new AAA titles to the Switch anymore. I would love to see some old strategy games  ported over live Civilization or C&C ported over as think they would play well on a handheld.

I think if they make a Switch 2 then I could see more AAA games dropping on the console, but right now, most AAA games are too much for the Switch hardware, so it'd just be a case of Skyrim and the Witcher like The Blackangel said. You're not going to get the best quality from the switch versions. 

I wouldn't bother releasing most AAA games on the switch, but if they released a new Switch with hardware that actually comes close to current gen, then I could see the likes of a new Skyrim, Witcher and even RDR2 coming. 

At this point, the Switch is due for a replacement anyway, so maybe Nintendo will finally create a console that actually matches or comes close enough to the hardware of most current gen consoles. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd like them to show a new Zoids game on the Switch or any device that comes after that. Zoids games were so prevalent on Nintendo devices in the 2000s.

It's supposed to be a game you DO NOT want to see on Switch, not one you do want to see on Switch.

As much as I can understand why games like Apex Legends, Fortnite and even Fall Guys and Overwatch were ported over I don't think every game that is released should be ported over. With some games it will work and will allow many others to play using the console of their choice but games such as RDR2 as mentioned I don't think would work. 

Unfortunately, I feel as things progress we may end up seeing me AAA games ported over to the Switch whether we would like to see them or not and I feel that is because it will keep more people playing the games on the console of their choice. 

I don't think any major AAA titles should be ported to the Switch. Most Switch ports usually have technical limitations, but the Switch is six years old at this point so it's no wonder why it falls behind. The portable aspect of the Switch doesn't affect gameplay in my opinion, unless you only have a Switch Lite. You can always play the Switch docked, that's usually how I play mine anyways.

On 4/7/2023 at 1:40 AM, Ravenfreak said:

I don't think any major AAA titles should be ported to the Switch. Most Switch ports usually have technical limitations, but the Switch is six years old at this point so it's no wonder why it falls behind. The portable aspect of the Switch doesn't affect gameplay in my opinion, unless you only have a Switch Lite. You can always play the Switch docked, that's usually how I play mine anyways.

I tend to do the same thing and play my Switch docked as well unless I want to take it to an area a TV would not be available such as outside in the garden on a nice day. 

I do wonder if with a more updated console from Nintendo AAA games would work better on the console as opposed to the Nintendo Switch consoles that are available now.

It will be interesting to see what they end up announcing next.