Register Now
Shortie

Do you remember your first ever console?

Something I always remember and I believe most remember as well is the very first console you ever got yourself that was your console to either be just for you or even for you and your siblings to share. 

I always remember the Sega Master System being the very first console me and my brothers got to share for Christmas one year and we absolutely loved the console. 

Do you remember your first ever console that was yours? 

I talked about in another recent thread:

I feel compelled to say the same thing twice. I really wish I could remember it it was an Atari 7800 or 2600 Junior. The only distinctive thing I remember about the console was the rainbow strip motive in the top of the console, and both the Atari 7800 and 2600 Junior have that.

The first console I ever go was a Sega Genesis model 2 in 1998. We moved to our new house and there was a local game store nearby. I remember my dad and I going to the store and I remember I got confused because I had only seen a Model 1 up until that point but when I seen the text on the console I knew the clerk gave me the right console lol. I still have that Genesis and it still works to this very day, though I use my Model 1 more.

2 hours ago, CoryAR said:

It was the Super Nintendo, which I spent hours playing when I was younger. Mostly Donkey Kong, but some other retro games as well.

I can honestly say I don't remember playing Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo even though I know it was available. I was always someone who stuck with the Mario games on the Super Nintendo. 

Colecovision. I remember playing it all the time. My favorite game was Ladybug which is really similar to PacMan. I know I had 2 other games for it, but even after looking through a list of all Colecovision games, I can't remember what they were.

I didn't appreciate it at the time, and now I really regret it and wish I still had it.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

Colecovision

I had a friend who had ColecoVision and I loved going to his house to play it.

My first console was an Intellivision. While most of my friends had the Atari 2600 or 7800, I thought I was something special showing them up with my Intellivision, lol 😄