Register Now
Dismal_Bliss

Name a game that deserves a sequel but never got one

I'll start this off with 2 games that I would love to see get a sequel. One retro game and one fairly modern game.

One of my favorite RPG's as a child was Chrono Trigger - a role-playing game with time travel weaved into it's theme. I'm quite fascinated with time travel stories, and the possiblities of what can be told is pretty endless. The gang in Chrono Trigger should have had more time travel adventures.

Regarding more modern games, I would say Control. I played this on PS4 and even upgraded to PS5 and this game was absolutely amazing. I would love to see this expanded on in some manner.

35 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

image.png.7b93ef688f311cdf25655b5dfcf21f79.png

This absolute BEAST of a game. 

I'll have to check that out. A quick search reveals it was a PS3 game. I only entered the world of PlayStation starting with PS4 in 2013 and I have a PS5 currently.

35 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

Apparantly a Control 2 is in the works IIRC

Awesome! This will make my day 😄

6 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I'll have to check that out. A quick search reveals it was a PS3 game. I only entered the world of PlayStation starting with PS4 in 2013 and I have a PS5 currently.

It's also available on PC and Xbox 360 consoles. I'd recommend you do go the PC route if you can because it's a later release with performance enhancements and DLC included. Given the game's age you won't need a supercomputer to run it. 

7 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Regarding more modern games, I would say Control

I'm playing Control right now and it's sci fi at maximum. Definitely an under the radar game. 

2 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Apparantly a Control 2 is in the works IIRC

Wow, can't imagine the objects of power they will bring next! your remote control??? 

For classic games, it's a tie between two for me. Blackthorne(SNES) and Conker's Bad Fur Day(N64). For the current gen games, it's just too hard to choose. But if I was forced to, I would want a sequel to FutureGrind(Switch) or Dante's Inferno(PS3). Something else I would love to see is a true sequel to FF8. But we all know that that's never going to happen.

One game that deserves a sequel but never got one is "Half-Life 2: Episode Two." Despite the success and critical acclaim of the Half-Life series, the story was left unresolved after Episode Two's release in 2007, leaving fans eagerly awaiting a continuation that never came.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess would be one game that definitely deserves a sequel in my opinion. With the cliffhanger ending of the game, it's expected to have a sequel but unfortunately, it never got it to the best of my knowledge. 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:33 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

One of my favorite RPG's as a child was Chrono Trigger

BTW, Chrono Trigger was in the news this week, with a remake being teased....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/other/chrono-trigger-director-asks-what-fans-would-want-in-a-remake/ar-BB1jjHrq

A Chrono Trigger revamp in the same vein as what Square has done with FF7 Remake/Rebirth would be freaking amazing!