Register Now
DylanC

What's everyone's favourite horror games?

18 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Just finished Resident Evil 7 last night, Damn that was the most scariest game I've ever played. (I dont play horror games that much)

Yep, it’s pretty damn scary - particularly in VR. I enjoyed it a lot, though. Very well made and memorable.

Pamali seems to be a good game on the scare factor. You are forced to survive on many notes. And also there is Resident Evil 2 remake which can be a good in terms of graphics and new changes. Though still I think most of the indonesian and chinese horror games seems to be topping here. They have made it fun to play with the scary story. 

48 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Pamali seems to be a good game on the scare factor. You are forced to survive on many notes. And also there is Resident Evil 2 remake which can be a good in terms of graphics and new changes. Though still I think most of the indonesian and chinese horror games seems to be topping here. They have made it fun to play with the scary story. 

Not heard of Pamali. Will check it out. I agree about eastern horror being more scary, for sure. That new game, Devotion, is supposed to be scary as hell. They made Detention, and that was creepy. Also early Japanese-developed Silent Hill games are scarier than later western-developed titles.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, skyfire said:

There is also home sweet home, which you may enjoy. The game seems to be pretty much same as silent hil where you have to survive through a lot of things. And it gets scary as time goes on. So on level by level basis I think home sweet home is a good game. 

I believe it's an indie game, no?

19 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I believe it's an indie game, no?

Yes it is. But based on their budget for level of detailing in the game. I am sure they spent more money and time than big studios. It was a good game. I mean the story and the survival narrative. It was definitely strong enough to compete with the US based gaming studios. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes it is. But based on their budget for level of detailing in the game. I am sure they spent more money and time than big studios. It was a good game. I mean the story and the survival narrative. It was definitely strong enough to compete with the US based gaming studios. 

Yeah, I don't mind indie games. Some of them are awesome. Did you hear about a game called "The Light"?

Yes the killer in the dead by daylight is always in search of the user. And it can be pretty difficult to survive in the game. But it's not really something that forces to like the game for long enough. It's one time play type game. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes the killer in the dead by daylight is always in search of the user. And it can be pretty difficult to survive in the game. But it's not really something that forces to like the game for long enough. It's one time play type game. 

Whether it's my cup of tea or not, I always find it sad when a game is in the one time play realm. It's just depressing. It's kinda like "What's the point? I finished it, now what the hell do I do with it?"