Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
MegaphoneStallone

Racist Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Herschie said:

In my opinion, of course it's never ok to be racist, but then you can also be way too zealous with this. For example, the other day, my neighbor posted on a neighborhood watch Facebook page that a black man in a hoodie was in the alley. That by itself made everyone question why he said that. But to me, the more logical thing would be to assume that the guy in the hoodie was up to no good, not because he's black, but to give the guy who posted the benefit of the doubt. As it turned out, the black man in the hoodie was indeed trying to open up car doors, going around trying to see what he could steal. My neighbor made that ambiguous post in a hurry because he wanted to chase the potential thief, but later clarified why he had posted it. He ended up catching him, but because he hadn't actually gotten into anyone's car, the Chicago police ended up letting him go. I guess it would have been a lot of paperwork.

But boy were they tearing him a new one on Facebook. Here's a guy who I happen to know personally, who was just trying to do his part to watch out for his neighbors. A conservative white guy, if you're wondering. He's a good man who just doesn't want trouble in the neighborhood. Had it been a white guy trying to open up car doors, the response would have been exactly the same. I can honestly say that there's not a racist bone in my neighbor's body. But you should have seen the comments trying to make this hero out to be a bigot, a racist. It made me sick to my stomach.

Look, racism exists, we can't doubt that, and it's definitely on both sides of the political spectrum. I just think that we need to start giving people the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. 

I think I couldn't have said anything better even if I really tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herschie said:

In my opinion, of course it's never ok to be racist, but then you can also be way too zealous with this. For example, the other day, my neighbor posted on a neighborhood watch Facebook page that a black man in a hoodie was in the alley. That by itself made everyone question why he said that. But to me, the more logical thing would be to assume that the guy in the hoodie was up to no good, not because he's black, but to give the guy who posted the benefit of the doubt. As it turned out, the black man in the hoodie was indeed trying to open up car doors, going around trying to see what he could steal. My neighbor made that ambiguous post in a hurry because he wanted to chase the potential thief, but later clarified why he had posted it. He ended up catching him, but because he hadn't actually gotten into anyone's car, the Chicago police ended up letting him go. I guess it would have been a lot of paperwork.

But boy were they tearing him a new one on Facebook. Here's a guy who I happen to know personally, who was just trying to do his part to watch out for his neighbors. A conservative white guy, if you're wondering. He's a good man who just doesn't want trouble in the neighborhood. Had it been a white guy trying to open up car doors, the response would have been exactly the same. I can honestly say that there's not a racist bone in my neighbor's body. But you should have seen the comments trying to make this hero out to be a bigot, a racist. It made me sick to my stomach.

Look, racism exists, we can't doubt that, and it's definitely on both sides of the political spectrum. I just think that we need to start giving people the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. 

What we have currently are a generation of snowflakes - every little thing is offensive to them. Back when I was growing up, I heard white comedians make mild racist jokes and they were hilarious as hell and I never ever took offense to them. I have seen black comedians make racist jokes as well and it wasn't offensive. It's like nowadays you can't say anything without people claiming you are racist/bigot/homophobic/transphobic etc. It has gotten to the point of retardation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it racist that I'm playing Madden '94 on Genesis, and it bothers me that all the players are white? My favorite players I grew up with, Richard Dent, Neal Anderson, William Perry. The Fridge! Black, black, and black. I know because I still have their posters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oddly enough, Trump attracting racists - doesn't mean Trump's agenda is racist - at least, not at the level of Nazis or something.  In fact,  ironically, the Nazis were simply "socialist white identity politics (anti-capitalist)" - hence the name - National Socialist.  OK, so why are all these idiots supporting Trump?  Well, he's the lesser of two evils for them.  I mean, he's stopping illegal immigration - while racists actually want stop brown/black people coming in the US, period.

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prejudice is never going to go away. It's a human trait, unfortunately. I grew up in a white bred heavily Christian area. And growing up there, the word black didn't exist. Everyone here knows what words did exist. They were used as casually as you use hello. I was taught for 19 years to be a racist. And I won't lie, those words come out of my mouth easily and casually. Not because I believe them, but because of how I was raised. When you're taught something from birth for decades, it's hard to unlearn it. I'm 37 now, and I'm doing better, but I still use them all the time.

But I have to say, that there is one time that prejudice can be understood, even valid. When you're treated like dirt and scum by every person of a certain group that you have ever encountered, then you grow to hate that group. I'm in that boat. I personally hate Christians. All my life they have gone out of their way to shove the bible down my throat. And when I refuse it the condemnations come out and the names start getting thrown out. I've been called everything but a human being because I wouldn't accept their religion. And this is by thousands of Christians including my own family. So as it is now, I absolutely hate every aspect of Christianity. The people, the objects, the locations, all of it.

I like something Samuel Butler said:
"An apology to the Devil- it must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books."

Emile Zola said something good too:
"Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, The Blackangel said:

Prejudice is never going to go away. It's a human trait, unfortunately. I grew up in a white bred heavily Christian area. And growing up there, the word black didn't exist. Everyone here knows what words did exist. They were used as casually as you use hello. I was taught for 19 years to be a racist. And I won't lie, those words come out of my mouth easily and casually. Not because I believe them, but because of how I was raised. When you're taught something from birth for decades, it's hard to unlearn it. I'm 37 now, and I'm doing better, but I still use them all the time.

But I have to say, that there is one time that prejudice can be understood, even valid. When you're treated like dirt and scum by every person of a certain group that you have ever encountered, then you grow to hate that group. I'm in that boat. I personally hate Christians. All my life they have gone out of their way to shove the bible down my throat. And when I refuse it the condemnations come out and the names start getting thrown out. I've been called everything but a human being because I wouldn't accept their religion. And this is by thousands of Christians including my own family. So as it is now, I absolutely hate every aspect of Christianity. The people, the objects, the locations, all of it.

I like something Samuel Butler said:
"An apology to the Devil- it must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books."

Emile Zola said something good too:
"Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest."

I think Christians tend to be hyper-conformists.  In other words, anything weird is bullied - especially if you don't conform to their religion and/or politics.

Anyway, what is your race, if you don't mind saying?  Why do you hate a certain race and which one is it?

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2019 at 4:38 PM, UleTheVee said:

I think I couldn't have said anything better even if I really tried.

People tend to be judged by the way the dress - like it or not.  That seems to be the big problem with the Ferguson riots in the US etc..  In other words, this is racial profiling - but it's tough not to do so.  Well, actually, it can be deadly not to racial profile sometime - but some racial profiling is just being mean.  OK, an example of this in certain Asian nations - where a black face cannot get a job teaching English.

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, killamch89 said:

That was an excellent comeback, I can't lie. Not that I care for partisan politics.

 

This is incredibly naive & problematic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...