Register Now
StaceyPowers

Vehicles in shooters

I’m way behind the times when it come to shooters (sadly). So my experience with vehicles in shooters really is confined to where they show up in some UT 2004 game modes, lol.

Anyway, I never liked them. I find them unwieldy. I’m curious if vehicles in shooters have evolved into being more usable over the years, or is this just a subjective hang-up I have?

I'm for Vehicles in Shooters under some circumstances. They are very useful in Grand Theft Auto Five lobby's and missions. Find a goal, escape from your enemies, shoot them and survive. Personally, I enjoy a 5-star police chase in GTA 5 escaping at high speed in my T20. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

When it comes to vehicles in a game I believe it depends on the game. For example Fortnite released all kinds of vehicles from quads to even planes now and I really don't feel like it works in a Battle Royale game such as Fortnite. With Call of Duty or even Battlefield though, vehicles do work and they work well and when you think about it, Call of Duty and Battlefield are war games and you get vehicles in war so it's realistic as well. 

For the most part, I'm not a huge lover of vehicles in shooters. From tedious on-rails sections, to having to learn a new controller layout for each and every vehicle, to serious balancing issues, I tend to gravitate towards more infantry-centric shooters. That said, there's always exceptions to the rule (I quite like vehicles in BO 4's Blackout mode to help players get around the giant map), but I've always preferred no vehicles in my shooters. 

I think the best shooter with vehicles is definitely Battlefield. I just think that most other games that have vehicles in it are a bit awkward really. For example, in the latest Call of Duty (Black Ops 4), the driving for the quads are with the thumbsticks which I don't really like. I'm not sure if they let you change the controls using the settings though. Battlefield has the best physics since the vehicles are a huge part of the game as well.