Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game could you not live without?

Okay, so I am sure that most of us technically can live without our favorite video games … but which games would your life feel totally bereft without?

I adore all the games that I play on a regular basis. But I definitely can’t envision life without Quake III Arena (I am always scared it won’t be compatible with the next iteration of Windows). I’d also be really upset if I could never play Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us again.

The fast movement of technology and the lack of support for old games bothers me. I am all for technology racing ahead … but nothing could make up for leaving my favorite games behind.

Great question! I'd probably opt for a gameplay-first experience as narrative-driven games like The Last Of Us arguably don't *need* to be played again. Don't get me wrong, though. The Last Of Us is one of my favourite games. I'd probably go with FTL: Faster Than Light, Darkest Dungeon or Pixel Junk Monsters. All of those games are more-ish, addictive experiences that help me chill out after a tough day at work.

Edited by DylanC

A game I couldn't live without is Grand Theft Auto 5. I experience passionate emotions for the amusement, regardless of how often I played it. I would never became bothered by the repetition of GTA 5. I enjoy virtual reality and some worlds look interesting to imagine how they experience in real life. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

The World Ends With You.

I can't live without this game under any circumstance. This game is just magnificent and perfect in terms of its design and ARPG mechanics. The story is captivating and overall, it's just fantastic. I kind of wish we already got the sequel instead of being hinted at it 20,000 times.

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

Also, Dark Souls would be tough to live without. There's something magnetic about it. I tend to play it about once a year.

I think it's the absurd difficulty combined with the dark and gritty feel of the Dark Souls games that keeps pulling you back in.