Register Now
StaceyPowers

Longest download time for any game ever?

16 hours ago, DylanC said:

I think the longest for me was BLOPS 4. Took almost a day to download. Think my daughter was using the internet at the time, though.

I re-installed GTA V the other day and I was having some kind of PTSD remembering how I went to bed and woke up 8 hours later and the game was still updating -_-. Needless to say, it took me 10 hours after updates and everything else.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Was that non-stop or did you do it when you remembered?

i keep pausing and resuming, downloading it straight non-stop is kinda hard, as i'm not the only one who uses wifi at home and i hate slowing it down for the others :(

On 12/30/2020 at 6:24 PM, Patrik said:

i keep pausing and resuming, downloading it straight non-stop is kinda hard, as i'm not the only one who uses wifi at home and i hate slowing it down for the others 😞

Seriously, that's a huge gamble on your part, you got lucky that the download didn't crash for you to start afresh when it's 98% close to complete. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's a huge gamble on your part, you got lucky that the download didn't crash for you to start afresh when it's 98% close to complete. 

actually, my download crashed before when GTA V was downloading from epic games, i lost like 60 GB's of the files that took weeks to download again

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

actually, my download crashed before when GTA V was downloading from epic games, i lost like 60 GB's of the files that took weeks to download again

That's my biggest scare with having a weak internet connection whenever I'm downloading any game. If my my network isn't super fast, I wouldn't bother trying to download.