Register Now
Ok_Attempt

What is the best Cyberpunk-style game ever made?

Hmmm, that's a great question but a tough one. I've been recently searching for such games and the best I've played in that theme is The Observer. I loved that game and its narrative and art style so I hope you'll like that too.

If you want something more "known" then you should go and play the whole Deus Ex franchise. This is by far the best cyberpunk franchise. If I had to choose though. I'd put observer above Deus Ex just by how well it depicts the cyberpunk world.

The Deus Ex series is a great and obvious choice but here are some games I would recommend if you're into cyberpunk:

Shadowrun Returns (also check out Shadowrun Hong Kong and Chronicles)
These games are based on the Shadowrun tabletop game, which combines cyberpunk with fantasy, which means you also have access to magic and magic races. It's a fairly unique world and one I've gotten very fascinated by personally.

System Shock 1 & 2
These games predate Deus Ex, but were huge inspirations for it. Definitely worth giving a look.

Syndicate
Specifically the 2012 remake. A really underrated FPS by the same people who went on to make the new Wolfenstein games. The original is also worth checking out but is in a very different genre altogether and I find the remake more fun to play personally. Has a VERY good multiplayer suite that sadly doesn't have many players nowadays. Think Deus Ex, except a bit more action focused.

Project Snowblind
It was originally going to be a Deus Ex game but became something else. It's more of a straight up shooter but it has some neat cyberpunk elements such as augmentations.

Perfect Dark
The spiritual sequel to GoldenEye, using the same engine. One of the most technically impressive N64 games ever. Very dystopian future with plenty of cyberpunk influences.

Hard Reset
A shooter with a very strong cyberpunk aesthetic, reminiscent of Blade Runner to a large degree. Extremely recommended!

Edited by Alyxx

On 9/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, DylanC said:

Deus Ex and Syndicate are the two that come to mind for me, definitely. Loved Syndicate in particular back in the day.

Seriously, there is no doubt that Deus Ex is a good game structure in the likes of Cyberpunk 2077. 

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I love Watch Dogs Legion. I haven't played many games in this category but would like to know what is all out there. 

Watch Dogs Legion have been on top the list of my brother's games. I don't think he can go a month without playing. 

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I can spend a long while playing that game. I saw Deus Ex Mankind Divided for super cheap a month or two ago and I regret passing it up. 

Damn, it would have been a major steal for you to get the game Deus Ex Mankind Divided and the game was worth every penny. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, DylanC said:

Deus Ex and Syndicate are the two that come to mind for me, definitely. Loved Syndicate in particular back in the day.

Syndicate would be the best description of Cyberpunk 2077 kind of designs and set up for me. You can't tell the difference easily. 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I won't pass it up again I'll tell you that. I just got into the genre and respect it full now. 

Even though I didn't get it on any promotion but it was well worth it when I paid for it for some time now. 

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action comes to mind, If you like point and click/adventure games you should check it out, it's not every day you get to play as a bartender in the near future.

Edited by Yaramaki

13 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action comes to mind, If you like point and click/adventure games you should check it out, it's not every day you get to play as a bartender in the near future.

This looks interesting. Maybe I should look into getting that and see how I'm going to adjust to playing it for starters.