Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
xXInfectedXx

What skills are developed - Video Gaming?

Do video games contribute to skill development? What mental or physical skills help players develop? Share your opinion below. Let me know your opinion and discuss this question with other fellow video gamers. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Register Now
6 minutes ago, Newt70 said:

I honestly don't think they contribute much aside from making one more happy.

I agree with that, I dont think one will develop any particular skill for our daily life other than gaming skills of course.

They do not develop your physical skills, however, gaming can contribute to your mental development. For example, you can de-stress yourself by playing games, some games also help you in analytical thinking, especially if the game requires planning and making strategy.

Surprises me this hasn't been replied yet: but I do believe gamers are better with technology than non gamers. We've grown up looking up things such as mods / cheats / (sometimes cracks) to make our games work the way we like it or even on different platform devices than originally intended. 

It can give high blood pressure from the tension felt when playing a certain game level. There is every possibility that game playing helps to develop the brain in being more tactical.