Register Now
StaceyPowers

Times when decisions made by video game characters made you angry

You usually get annoyed by some characters decisions, but remember, not everyone shares the same opinion, you get angry at some time, a cool anger if you ask with me.

For me, it was in GTA 4 when Niko killed Michael Faustin after serving him for a while, i was angry first but i realized that it was a part of the storyline

On 3/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Have there ever been any times when a character in a video game made a decision which made you really angry, whether it was the character you were playing or a supporting character? Was it ever bad enough to ruin a game for you?

When the player character makes decisions on their own that I didn't like I do get frustrated. For example Max Payne3 was ruined by the bad decisions and self loathing nature of the main character for me. But I think all Rockstar games are filled to the brim with characters making bad decisions. And that means I cannot identify with them. Each of the GTA games I played I hated the player character, except maybe for Ballad of Gay Tony. It takes much away from the experience when you are indefferent or outright root against the player character. 

I don't have a problem with characters making bad calls for the right reasons. I have problems when they make bad calls for bad reasons. I can even let slide good calls for wrong reasons.

Edited by m76

13 minutes ago, m76 said:

But I think all Rockstar games are filled to the brim with characters making bad decisions. And that means I cannot identify with them

John Marston in RDR also has a terrible habit of making bad decisions. His entire life consists of being used like toilet paper by almost everyone he meets 😕 I didn't find him unrelatable, but I wanted to smack him sometimes, like, "not again  ..."

35 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

John Marston in RDR also has a terrible habit of making bad decisions. His entire life consists of being used like toilet paper by almost everyone he meets 😕 I didn't find him unrelatable, but I wanted to smack him sometimes, like, "not again  ..."

SPOILER INCOMING ----- Like that ending for example. He could have ran off with his wife and son and shot at the police like he normally would. I still love the ending, but I feel like he could have gotten out of that situation. 

John is a bit of a flake, and didn't even want to admit that Jack was his son. He disappeared for roughly a year before coming back, something for which almost no one forgave him. Abigail, Jack, Arthur, the lot of them. If it wasn't for Dutch and Hosea, they would have told him to piss off. But I can understand him not thinking Jack was his son, as Abby was a whore, and had actually slept with all the men in the gang. So with all that, and the story not saying anything about how recent it was in relation to when she found out she was pregnant, if I was in John's shoes, I wouldn't be sure the boy was mine either.

Amanda Ridley in Alien Isolation decided that Samuel's plan to nuke the entire space station was too extreme because she wanted to save some of the people onboard the vessel which in the end backfired because those people were either extremely hostile or the Alien had killed them already and in the end she did have to nuke the whole space station to get rid of the Alien species which pissed me the hell off. If she was seeing the bigger picture she would've just helped Samuel with his plan but NO…she had to be a childish, emotional twat and in the end she still had to do it anyways.