Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Possible Gaming Trends This Year?

I saw some articles online that battle royale and fps would be one of the trends this year but in my opinion, I could see more simulation games... and probably action games since people are becoming impatient, they would want games that will be straightforward 😄 unless if it's from a popular franchise... 

What are your thoughts about this?

On 5/6/2019 at 2:12 PM, Bravosi said:

I actually don't really follow trends, as I dislike the latest one's. :/

As in battle royale? I agree. I think for that note even the minecraft trend was worst if you ask me. I hated every minute of it when people were doing all business on the minecraft servers and trying to cash in on hype. It was irritating to see lego world overtaking in gaming. 

I agree. To be more specific though, I think Call of Duty is going to finally take a back seat to all these newer, more popular games out there like Fortnite and Battlefield. Although I love Call of Duty, it's nice to get a challenge on these other games. I'll always be a fan of the game though. I also think that the Playstation will take a backseat to Xbox. I know it already started but there are still a ton of people using a Playstation. I think we're going to see a lot of people trading in their PS4's for an Xbox 1.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:47 PM, Jerlene said:

I agree. To be more specific though, I think Call of Duty is going to finally take a back seat to all these newer, more popular games out there like Fortnite and Battlefield. Although I love Call of Duty, it's nice to get a challenge on these other games. I'll always be a fan of the game though. I also think that the Playstation will take a backseat to Xbox. I know it already started but there are still a ton of people using a Playstation. I think we're going to see a lot of people trading in their PS4's for an Xbox 1.

I will disagree with that, I dont think people will start to prefer the Xbox One over the PS4, nor they will trade their PS4 for an Xbox One, that doesnt really make sense. That might happen on the next generation though, probably the new Xbox will be more popular than the PS5, who knows, But definitively its not going to happen in this generation. Why would people prefer the Xbox one over the PS4 ?

On 5/22/2019 at 10:44 AM, skyfire said:

I wish to see the battle royale trend ending this year. I mean I am tired of seeing all the games jumping into the battle royale. It is getting boring each day now. I hope some other concept comes up. 

I dont think it will happen this year, maybe eventually in a couple of years, but games like Fortnite , PUBG COD blackout and Apex are still going strong this year. COD blackout is already having issues with the micro transactions and lootboxes and Apex already declined a little so maybe they are already on that path.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, kingpotato said:

That might happen on the next generation though, probably the new Xbox will be more popular than the PS5, who knows, But definitively its not going to happen in this generation. Why would people prefer the Xbox one over the PS4 ?

Maybe that's what @Jerlene meant. trading in ps4 for the next xbox?

I heard games with cards and idle games are in, but I haven't encountered the community yet. 

Just to share: I didn't know Hearthstone has a lot of followers that they have their own competition which is Hearthstone Grandmasters and that they are always part of the global competition like WCG 2019 and HCT.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:48 AM, kingpotato said:

I dont think it will happen this year, maybe eventually in a couple of years, but games like Fortnite , PUBG COD blackout and Apex are still going strong this year. COD blackout is already having issues with the micro transactions and lootboxes and Apex already declined a little so maybe they are already on that path.

Yes too much money to be made. And every gaming company wants the piece of the profit out of this trend. I guess in order to let this trend die, there needs to be less money for them now. 

I see continuous remakes, and next edition of games that should have been done ten titles ago. Things like Mortal Kombat. I get that it's an extremely popular series. But it's getting to the point where it's like "Ok. It's time to stop. We don't need to see Scorpion taking a shit, since that's all that's left." I'm personally getting really sick of it. Hell due to this constant "next in the series" shit, I almost can't bring myself to play the original MK on my SNES anymore. It's like Friday The 13th. There are literally 10 sequels and one remake. Can we say STOP?

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes too much money to be made. And every gaming company wants the piece of the profit out of this trend. I guess in order to let this trend die, there needs to be less money for them now. 

thats how its always been, if there is money to be made the trend will continue.