Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

If you don't play online games, what are your reasons?

Over here, @The Blackangel mentions a dislike of online gaming. I too currently do not play any online games.

I was wondering who else here avoids multiplayer gaming, and if so, why?

Sometimes I play Q3A or UT2004, but it's almost exclusively on the LAN. I used to be a very dedicated player on a MUD, but that was back in high school. Since then, I simply never found one I liked. It was like it had to be just the right community for me to be compelled by it. Plus, playing MUDs is too time-consuming with my adult responsibilities.

So why don’t I play any other types of online games? Well, I play single player games at night to unwind in a zero-pressure environment that feels safe and controlled to me. That means dealing with other people is not something I want to do. Therefore, even though I’m sure I’d find some online games fun, I just don’t play them.

If you avoid online games, why do you do so?

In past my limit with internet prevented me from the multiplayer games. But now that I have enough internet, I think it's good to make the most out of it and play and jump in like most game reviewers do. I think for me the reason was limit in terms of tech. specifically the bandwidth. 

Some games like RDR2 Online I have yet to play because it is horrendous quite frankly. When it is in a better state I'll probably change my stance towards it.

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Usually it's cause I have no friends to play with but I do play alot of Destiny 2 with my friends.

How is Destiny 2 coming along since they split from Activision? Well, I guess they'll be far better off because they can't be pressured by them into adding excessive microtransactions anymore.

Posted (edited)

Well, the biggest reason is no time.  However, also, my connection is via a satellite - and, unfortunately, those connections are fast for movie downloads and surfing - but not gaming.  Well, streaming video is somewhat possible - but for some reason, a satellite simply cannot handle gaming.

Edited by Jayson

On 10/7/2019 at 5:36 AM, Jayson said:

Well, the biggest reason is no time.  However, also, my connection is via a satellite - and, unfortunately, those connections are fast for movie downloads and surfing - but not gaming.  Well, streaming video is somewhat possible - but for some reason, a satellite simply cannot handle gaming.

I think that is genuine. Life is a bit short. And time is scarce for many of us. Giving time to what matters is fine too.