Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game made the best recovery since a rocky launch?

I was reading @killamch89's thread concerning the ongoing woes of Fallout 76, which sounds like it continues to be disastrous in many respects long after launch.

@DC made a quip about No Man’s Sky. I gather that No Man’s Sky is a game which has led to pretty divided opinions. I know a lot of people still don’t like it, but I was almost surprised to see it referenced in this light, as I have heard a lot of folks mention it has made a considerable recovery/improvement since its initial rocky launch. I havent played it, so I don't have an opinion about the game either way.

So, that made me wonder about games that fit into that category alongside (possibly?) No Man’s Sky, and which serve as an example of what Bethesda should be aiming to do to increase support and improve Fallout 76.

First of all, to those here who have played No Man’s Sky, what are your opinions on how the game has evolved since its release? Has this game gotten a lot better since launch, as I have heard, or do you feel that it is still weak?

What are some other games that were rocky at release but which you think have improved significantly now and which you can contrast with Fallout 76’s issues?

Most recently Battlefront 2, the issue with this game was that all the popular characters where behind a pay wall or a huge grind wall, but recently all of them have been unlocked and there has been a lot of content added to game. There's still micro transactions but only cosmetics and thats something good considering we are talking about EA. 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:37 AM, skyfire said:

I think if you ask me about the mobile launch, i think COD was pretty dull and buggy but they seem to be getting more users than PUBG lately. 

Its still kinda buggy xD the other day some guy survived several gunshots at close range and Im pretty sure the game wasnt lagging that bad.
But yeah its been improving a lot, and indeed its getting more user friendly.