Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with more disastrous launches/support than Fallout 76?

I've been playing Magic Carpet 2 on PC for over 20 years, and it's still about as stable as skyscraper on loose marbles during an earthquake. Yes, it's an old game you have to emulate these days, but it's a great game and wish it just, well, worked.

I would post about more recent games, but the "half backed bullshit" title has become such a common tale I don't really know where to begin. Ever since post launch patching became possible, this has become all to common. Don't get me wrong, post launch patching is a good thing, but it's opened some bad doors.

There is definitely releases that were buggier and/or more incomplete at launch.  Most games that find themselves in this situation are potentially good with good concepts either made badly and didn't have all the advertised features. Bethesda's games are known for their interesting characters, quests, story,modding communities... and a catalogue list of bugs.  What I think really bites about Fallout 76 is that for no reason other than greed they jumped on the "live Service" cash cow meaning that all that good stuff was deleted to fit that mould, but of course we STILL got a catalogue list of bugs!

The only situation I can think of form an at least semi-popular project that is worse than this is Star Citizen because the developers are literally robbing people, some out of thousands of dollars with overambitios promises and they have brainwashed the community into thanking them for it!  As of now they raised over $260 million by constantly teasing features and adding small updates once every few months and that is exactly what they will do indefinitely because as soon they actually release a finished product or even a BETA worthy one that crowdfunding gravy train stops.  Absolute scum.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, SaucyPastaTho said:

Modern warfare it had, has still has so much potential but the community managers and developers over at Infinity Ward aren't listening to the community and blocking and banning anyone who talks bad about the game from there social media sites like reddit.

Actually modern warfare had pretty good launch. And it was one of the good reception last year on the youtube too.