Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Games you are bad at

I used to play Mortal Kombat all the time, and got really good at it. I beat it every time. But since it's been forever since I've played it, I'm rusty as hell, so I honestly suck now. But being rusty aside, most of the games from my library that I truly suck at are just a couple ROM-hacks. I'm not the best at South Park The Fractured But Whole. Breath Of The Wild is kicking my ass at the moment, but that's because I'm a noob. I was never able to master any Metroid games. There's a couple Zelda games on Game Boy that I'm not particularly good at. Darkstone on PS1 is a bitch and a half, that I have yet to even figure out. That's all I can thin of at the moment.

I could throw Sega Genesis exclusives like Sonic on here as well. I grew up playing the old stuff like Atari and Nintendo. I never really had any interactions with the system until many years later. I’m not on my Sega all that much, but that’s probably due to being a Nintendo girl. So, Sega exclusive games I’m sure I’m absolutely horrible at.

For some reason, I have it in my head that I’m awful at almost all of the games I play, including ones I’ve logged hundreds to thousands of hours into. But maybe that’s mostly just me being some sort of pessimist. That said, I don’t have a particularly impressive record with shooters or RTS games. Or really any game where I’m up against other players. I love these games a lot, but most of the time, if not every time, I’m far below average. I think the only such game I came anywhere close to excelling at was Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. I guess I was pretty decent at MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries back when I could still play it, but by the time I was at all active on the online side of that game, there weren’t a whole lot of people playing anymore... 

I think a lot of it comes down to your state of mind when you play those games. If you are more relaxed and nothing to commit to then you may not notice this type of issue of how games may affect your performance. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm of the firm belief that some games are designed to NOT be beaten, no matter how good you are.

I think that may be the case of QP Dangerous Shooting, because that bullet hell I can't even get through the first level... no matter how hard I try, and I've tried a fair amount.