Register Now
Crazycrab

Games you hate that everbody else loves!

On 9/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, Family sedan said:

I really don't like the Driver games.  Its because they try to make you a stunt driver, but I'm more of a race car driver.

You are not alone. I hate the racing, driving games and also the simulators around those themes. I feel it's not worth it at all. 

Minecraft : i don't even understand how it does work lol and not interested to be honest since it looks boring.

Rocket League : football but cars instead of legs? (I dont even like original football xd)

League of Legends : eh, so boring and i don't like that angle of view in games

The original Doom. I appreciate its importance in video game history, but I find it unplayable and have never summoned the will to get past the first level. OK, it's from 1993, but it's just too primitive for me. I do like the theme music, concept and art style though.

I feel as though it took a few years for actually enjoyable 3D games such as Resident Evil (1996) and Half-Life (1998) to come out.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:58 AM, Empire said:

The original Doom. I appreciate its importance in video game history, but I find it unplayable and have never summoned the will to get past the first level. OK, it's from 1993, but it's just too primitive for me. I do like the theme music, concept and art style though.

I kind of feel this way about the Beatles in terms of music, honestly. Like, I appreciate the impact they had on history and on the music industry in general. But their musical style is just not my jam. Yet people get all up in arms the second you try to say anything less-than-positive about them. I definitely agree that Doom is on that level.

I've got a bad case of hype aversion, where if I spend too much time hearing the general public or my social circle gush about something, it will make me not want to play it. Especially if my first introduction to the thing is the gushing, and not anything about the game itself. There are tons of games like that for me: Minecraft, Overwatch, Fortnite, Animal Crossing, to name a few. Eventually, once people stop talking about it, I might get around to playing it, but it will be a few years, at least. 

On 2/12/2021 at 12:45 PM, staticradio725 said:

I kind of feel this way about the Beatles in terms of music, honestly. Like, I appreciate the impact they had on history and on the music industry in general. But their musical style is just not my jam. Yet people get all up in arms the second you try to say anything less-than-positive about them. I definitely agree that Doom is on that level.

I've got a bad case of hype aversion, where if I spend too much time hearing the general public or my social circle gush about something, it will make me not want to play it. Especially if my first introduction to the thing is the gushing, and not anything about the game itself. There are tons of games like that for me: Minecraft, Overwatch, Fortnite, Animal Crossing, to name a few. Eventually, once people stop talking about it, I might get around to playing it, but it will be a few years, at least. 

I can sort of relate to this.  Every once in awhile there will be something that I just don't like.  Then, as time passes, I constantly hear damn near universal praise for the thing, and it makes me actually hate it.  I don't know if this is common or if there's any logical reason for this phenomenon, because I can't think of one.  One example of this is Family Guy (the cartoon series).  But OH MY GOD Paper Mario takes the cake on this with me, I think.

I always thought Super Mario RPG was such an amazing game.  Many of you old schoolers -may- recall that Super Mario RPG was a joint effort by Nintendo and Squaresoft (who later merged with Enix to form Square Enix, and were the creators of a lot of the best old school RPGs, in my opinion).  Since Paper Mario is the next Mario RPG game after SMRPG, making it a spiritual successor of sorts, I couldn't help but measure Paper Mario against its predecessor.  At the beginning I was really hyped, but as I made my way through the game I gradually saw it being totally inferior to SMRPG in every way; the story wasn't that great, the music was average, the dialogue wasn't nearly as good... The battle system was the most stupidly simple I'd ever seen in a game.  And who in their right mind makes a turn based RPG where the largest amount of damage dealt never exceeds two digits???  I think it is SO stupid.  Looking back on it now, the game seems like a cheap SMRPG knockoff.

Now we've got a whole freaking franchise of these stupid games that everyone loves for reasons that completely elude me (The exception is Super Paper Mario which I actually like a whole lot, but it is very different from the others).  So yeah... At this point I hate Paper Mario and the fact that they keep making new ones with, from what I can tell, the same problems as the first one.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:15 PM, kingpotato said:

For me is Minecraft, I'm not saying its a bad game nor because of the graphics, I've played world creating games before but they are not exactly my cup of tea, and when it comes to the survival side of the game I would prefer something better like Dont Starve.

Seriously, it's very annoying for me. Nothing in the world today would ever make me play Minecraft, even if they give me the opportunity to make money from playing it.