Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Pick one videogame that represents you as a person.

Recommended Posts

If you had to pick one videogame that somehow represents who you are as a person, which would it be and why?

I would choose BioShock Infinite because I see life as a sea of variables in which I am always looking for and striving to be a constant. Booker and Elizabeth would sooner not exist as they were than allow themselves to vary from the constancy of what they deemed an ethical path, and I admire the hell out of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, the game I've been playing recently represents me pretty well. Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns has to do with polar opposites (I'm borderline- I see the world that way most of the time). It involves living a quiet life, which I generally do... And to some people, these games are just awkward, also like me. I can probably think of other games that represent me too, though. This one just felt fitting the most right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hatred. Nuff said.

But for those wanting more info, I get to go around slaughtering unhindered. No moral constraints, no cares for who it is that I kill. The world is finally black and white. None of that “gray area” bullshit. Misanthropic desires sated. Bloodthirst quenched. Stress relieved, until tomorrow. Then we begin having fun again.

I guess that also offers a bit of explanation behind my hollow teardrop tattoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Lester the Unlikely...  That's what any gamer would pick if they are actually being honest.

Bullshit. Just because that's what you would pick doesn't mean anything to others. Don't project your opinions onto others and tell them that their opinions are wrong if they don't mirror yours. That's a very entitled statement. Solipsism is not an attractive trait.

Edited by The Blackangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Bullshit. Just because that's what you would pick doesn't mean anything to others. Don't project your opinions onto others and tell them that their opinions are wrong if they don't mirror yours. That's a very entitled statement. Solipsism is not an attractive trait.

 

*facepalm* fist of all calm the fuck down, it was obviously a joke!  Secondly you've some nerve complaining about me claiming that Lester the Unlikely, a blanket stereotype represents anybody when you're claiming that Hatred, another blanket stereotype represents you.  The only difference is I'm not being serious.  Get a grip!

Edited by Crazycrab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

*facepalm* fist of all calm the fuck down, it was obviously a joke!  Secondly you've some nerve complaining about me claiming that Lester the Unlikely, a blanket stereotype represents anybody when you're claiming that Hatred, another blanket stereotype represents you.  The only difference is I'm not being serious.  Get a grip!

Maybe you should mention that it's a fucking joke? Saying that I have nerve? You're damn right I do. I don't put up with bullshit. I don't give a fuck what game you pick. Pushing it onto others is what I give a fuck about. I don't care if it's a god damn joke in your eyes. It's not one in my eyes. There are people that don't and can't tolerate having shit shoved on them. Maybe you should try taking your head out of your ass. But a word of ASSistance, that's a lot easier if you don't put your foot in your mouth first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Lester the Unlikely...  That's what any gamer would pick if they are actually being honest.

 I wanted to say Skyrim but Im sure as hell that Im just going to be like Lester the unlikely out in the wild, getting caught by birds and shit 😆😆😆😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

 I wanted to say Skyrim but Im sure as hell that Im just going to be like Lester the unlikely out in the wild, getting caught by birds and shit 😆😆😆😆😆

 

I'm glad somebody get's it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 11:56 AM, Juneberry said:

I have to say, the game I've been playing recently represents me pretty well. Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns has to do with polar opposites (I'm borderline- I see the world that way most of the time). It involves living a quiet life, which I generally do... And to some people, these games are just awkward, also like me. I can probably think of other games that represent me too, though. This one just felt fitting the most right now.

As a person with borderline traits, I can relate :)

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Hatred. Nuff said.

But for those wanting more info, I get to go around slaughtering unhindered. No moral constraints, no cares for who it is that I kill. The world is finally black and white. None of that “gray area” bullshit. Misanthropic desires sated. Bloodthirst quenched. Stress relieved, until tomorrow. Then we begin having fun again.

I guess that also offers a bit of explanation behind my hollow teardrop tattoo.

Interesting that both your reply and @Juneberry's have an overlap in that both of you picked games that in some way reflect a black and white world/opposites/splitting--maybe something easier to connect to and more reflective of our inner states than the ambiguous world outside.

I can relate to that too. Ethics in video games are so simple: kill all the assholes =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

As a person with borderline traits, I can relate 🙂

Interesting that both your reply and @Juneberry's have an overlap in that both of you picked games that in some way reflect a black and white world/opposites/splitting--maybe something easier to connect to and more reflective of our inner states than the ambiguous world outside.

I can relate to that too. Ethics in video games are so simple: kill all the assholes =D

I wasn't going to mention it, but I have BPD as well. That could be the reason our thinking was so similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder if anyone is kind of obsessive with games like Sonic and Contra?

I know a couple die hard Sonic fans that despise SMB. But I could count them on one hand and still have fingers left. As for Contra, there are definitely super fans, but I doubt there are any obsessive fans. Maybe it's just me, but the first stage always reminded me of the Vietnam War. It just looked a lot like what was to be expected in the jungles there. Weird I know, but I always think immediately of Vietnam when Contra is brought up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...