Register Now
DylanC

PS Plus Games For May 2020 Allegedly Leak, Includes Two Big Titles

Dirt 2.0 is there which is not a bad game if you ask me. Uncharted 4 also has some fan following.

So those two are pretty much strong games in the list. So I don't think Sony did anything bad for month of may. 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Dirt 2.0 is there which is not a bad game if you ask me. Uncharted 4 also has some fan following.

So those two are pretty much strong games in the list. So I don't think Sony did anything bad for month of may. 

That was last months list. Not sure when this month will go live.

Cities:Skylines and Farming Simulator 19, it's not exactly going to blow your socks off but they are totally free and the last few months the free games have been pretty decent titles, look at last month with the whole Nathan Drake series of Uncharted. I have to say having played the Cities Skylines on the PC, the PS4 version is pretty bare bones and really not all that great to play so I was a bit dissapointed.

2 minutes ago, digital said:

Cities:Skylines and Farming Simulator 19, it's not exactly going to blow your socks off but they are totally free and the last few months the free games have been pretty decent titles, look at last month with the whole Nathan Drake series of Uncharted. I have to say having played the Cities Skylines on the PC, the PS4 version is pretty bare bones and really not all that great to play so I was a bit dissapointed.

No point denying it, this one of the biggest dud months for PS Plus in a long time. Game like Cities Skylines are always better played on PC and the other offering is a game simulating a profession with one of the highest suicide rates. I don't wanna sound entitled, especially since like @digitalsaid PS Plus has been really strong in recent months and with amazing titles like THOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima right around the corner, but what were they thinking?

I see a lot of people online who say that we shouldnt complain because the games are "free", I will say that is incorrect, the games are not free, Sony calls them free but they are not, they are part of the service which we are paying for each month. If they where really free we should have been able to keep them regardless if we are paying for plus or not, if that was the case I wouldnt be complaining. I do understand that its not up to us to decide which items we get each month and Im not going to go online and sign a stupid petition like some others are doing, but it is really dissapointing to get shitty games like this

44 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't really know anything about PS Plus, but from the way you guys are talking, it sounds like it's completely worthless, and in no way worth paying for.

Can someone clue me in on the subject?

PlayStation Plus is a kind of subscription that grants access to online play, exclusive discounts and access to 2 PS4 games per month selected by the powers that be at Sony as part of the package for around $60 per year (it can be cheaper at some outlets through renewal cards). They can also be purchased as shorter terms subscriptions, but these will be a little more expensive per month than the annual cost.

The idea was originally pioneered by Microsoft during the XBox 360 era (XBox Live Gold) then Sony created their own version (PS+) and more recently, Nintendo as well (Nintendo Switch Online). Basically, it's way for these companies to subsidize the running costs of their online services and earn additional revenue at the same time. The "free" games and discounts are basically there to sweeten the deal and make it worth buying.

What Sucks About These Services?

The fact you have to pay to play online. Some games are exempt from this (For example, subscription based MMO's like FFXIV), but most games you have to be subscribed to these services to play games online. Also, the choice is not yours in what games in included in the package. Sometimes they're superb, sometimes not so much or you may already own them. Like @kingpotatosaid, you don't get to keep playing them if you end your subscription.

What Doesn't Suck About These Services?

The overall cost of the games offered if you were to buy them is significantly higher than the cost of the subscription. Frequently, one month's offering would cost more to buy from said digital store front than the annual subscription, so there is a lot of value to be found in these services. The discounts also can be very significant and can be applied to not just games, but other digital purchases like movies and Digital TV Box sets. For example, PS+ subscribers right now can buy the entire Fast and the Furious movie collection for half price.

Hope that clears things up. I personally do think it's worth it, but others are well within their right to disagree and I completely understand that point of view. Really, it comes down to the individual to decide if this is worth it to them or not.

Edited by Shagger