Register Now
lostsoul70

Stuck in a game

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's my mother that used to yank on me when I was still younger and really deep into video games. She was adamant it's going to mess up my head. 

You know that's a parents thing, they'll always say that way, because they know children most especially love video game. My passion for videogame started early, my child passion can't be compared to my current passion for gaming, Lol. 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:46 PM, Head_Hunter said:

You know that's a parents thing, they'll always say that way, because they know children most especially love video game. My passion for videogame started early, my child passion can't be compared to my current passion for gaming, Lol. 

Yeah - it's actually what's going with a lot of families and it's totally understandable that a parent does those things because they care for their kids. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:43 AM, Justin11 said:

In the developed countries I don't think such happen, children love game, they got the passion more than adult loves, they can play lengthy time. Stopping them from playing what their heart pours out for, it's simply hurting their feelings. 

It's not really about stopping kids from playing games but adding some sort of control to what they get into in order to aid their mental development. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not really about stopping kids from playing games but adding some sort of control to what they get into in order to aid their mental development. 

Yes, they shouldn't be stopped in any way dear. They should control their urge for the gaming, make them play games when necessary so they don't get too addicted. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, they shouldn't be stopped in any way dear. They should control their urge for the gaming, make them play games when necessary so they don't get too addicted. 

I might disagree with you on this. Kids have poor choice making when it comes to games they can pick to play for themselves. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I might disagree with you on this. Kids have poor choice making when it comes to games they can pick to play for themselves. 

But do you know, when they are allowed to operate the game on their own, decision making becomes theirs cos practice makes perfect. That's how I got addicted to playing more of racing games today. 

On 9/18/2021 at 1:59 AM, Razor1911 said:

That's insane. 70+ and still enjoying gaming. In our society, you will hardly find the earlier generation playing games on consoles. And you are saying someone from two generation back, is playing games. I haven't seen anyone practically of such age playing games from self interest. I need to force me father to play with me. 😆

I've encountered a few which is interesting within itself and one of them loved Ghost Recon and another loved Need For Speed...Gaming is one of the few things that can bring multiple generations of people together.

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

But do you know, when they are allowed to operate the game on their own, decision making becomes theirs cos practice makes perfect. That's how I got addicted to playing more of racing games today. 

No one is against kids taking and making decisions on gameplay when they are at it but choosing the games they play is something that should be looked into. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:58 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually what's going with a lot of families and it's totally understandable that a parent does those things because they care for their kids. 

You got it buddy, they protect their children not to get carried away playing video games. If they spend enough time playing games they wouldn't focus on their studies more, and other house menial jobs. 

On 9/27/2021 at 11:40 PM, Heatman said:

No one is against kids taking and making decisions on gameplay when they are at it but choosing the games they play is something that should be looked into. 

Yeah, no one is against the kids enjoying video games with any console. But they should be guided when it comes to making video games selection due to parental control ethics in some video games mainly for adult view. 

On 9/29/2021 at 2:35 AM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, no one is against the kids enjoying video games with any console. But they should be guided when it comes to making video games selection due to parental control ethics in some video games mainly for adult view. 

When what the kid is going to consume from playing the game isn't good for his or her development, it's why they are put on check. 

On 10/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, Heatman said:

When what the kid is going to consume from playing the game isn't good for his or her development, it's why they are put on check. 

Yes, some games are forbidden for some children below 13 years. But when I was growing up I played all sort of games regardless of parental control warnings being there, lol. 

Edited by Justin11

36 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, some games are forbidden for some children below 13 years. But when I was growing up I played all sort of games regardless of parental control warnings being there, lol. 

I know because I also played many such games which were not allowed at that age. The ESRB and PEGI do have those age limitations, but I think most of the people don't follow these rules.